Owncloud 8.1.3 packages in OBS for use with CentOS 6 and Software Collections PHP54.

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Owncloud 8.1.3 packages in OBS for use with CentOS 6 and Software Collections PHP54.

Lamar Owen
I filed a bug ( #18239 ) back on August 12 about not being able to
update from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1 due to the lack of a defined path for the
upgrade of the owncloud-server-scl-php54 package.  I see in the package
changelogs that on Friday August 7th the entry was made: -Cleanup
specfile: No more owncloud-server-scl-php54 package.  The problem
persists with the latest 8.1.3 packages.

What is the recommended and supported path for getting this upgraded on
a production server using the php54 from the CentOS rebuild of the Red
Hat Software Collections?  I have searched around, but have not seen
documented why the owncloud-server-scl-php54 package was removed, or
what the recommended upgrade path is.  Perhaps my search terms just
weren't the correct ones and I have missed it, but if someone would
provide a pointer to those things, if they exist, I would appreciate it.

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Owncloud 8.1.3 packages in OBS for use with CentOS 6 and Software Collections PHP54.

Lamar Owen
On 09/24/2015 04:12 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> I filed a bug ( #18239 ) back on August 12 about not being able to
> update from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1 due to the lack of a defined path for the
> upgrade of the owncloud-server-scl-php54 package.  ...
> What is the recommended and supported path for getting this upgraded
> on a production server using the php54 from the CentOS rebuild of the
> Red Hat Software Collections?
Having heard nothing, here's what I have done to get my installation up
to 8.1.3:
1.) Full backup, database and /var/www/html/owncloud
2.) Manually download rpm packages from OBS for CentOS 6 8.1.3-13.1
3.) Install rpmrebuild
4.) rpmrebuild -e -p owncloud-server.rpm
5.) Edited the rpmrebuild-generated spec file to change all php
dependencies to include the 'php54-' prepended, and changed the php
dependency to be for php54 instead of php >= 5.4.0 and changed the
release number to show this (I used '1scl' as the release).
6.) Saved the generated spec file, and copied the resulting package (in
~/rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch) to where the owncloud and owncloud-config-apache
packages downloaded from OBS are.
7.) 'service httpd stop'
8.) 'yum remove owncloud-server-scl-php54'
9.) 'yum install owncloud-8.1.3-13.1.noarch.rpm
owncloud-config-apache-8.1.3-13.1.noarch
owncloud-server-8.1.3-13.1scl.noarch.rpm
10.) Do the update to 8.1.3 through the web interface.
11.) Disable the OBS owncloud repo and start manually tracking it.....

And I'm successfully on 8.1.3.  Now, having said all that, I will
mention that I maintained the PostgreSQL RPMS from about 6.5.x through
7.4.x (1999 through 2004) and that I still do from-source-rpm builds
frequently, so I knew exactly what I was doing, and I tried it on a
development server with various dependencies and options before settling
on this method before doing this on my production owncloud instance.  So
your mileage may vary, and make sure you have a full and tested backup
before trying anything like this on the production instance.

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Owncloud 8.1.3 packages in OBS for use with CentOS 6 and Software Collections PHP54.

Jürgen Weigert
Hey Owen!
great that you had success finally.
There is support for that specific build target in the spec files
already. It is called 'CentOS_6_PHP54'. Not sure how you can select
this, if you do manual rebuilds, but in the BuildService, I have the
%{_repository} variable telling me what my current build target is. The
code that takes care of prepending 'php54-' to all dependencies looks
like this:

%define ocphp           php
%define ocphp_bin       /usr/bin
%define ochttpd         httpd
%if "%_repository" == "CentOS_6_PHP54" || "%_repository" == "RHEL_6_PHP54"
%define ocphp           php54-php
%define ocphp_bin       /opt/rh/php54/root/usr/bin
%define ochttpd         httpd
%endif

seen here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/isv:ownCloud:community:8.1/owncloud

cheers, JW

Am 25.09.2015 um 19:11 schrieb Lamar Owen:

> On 09/24/2015 04:12 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
>> I filed a bug ( #18239 ) back on August 12 about not being able to
>> update from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1 due to the lack of a defined path for the
>> upgrade of the owncloud-server-scl-php54 package.  ...
>> What is the recommended and supported path for getting this upgraded
>> on a production server using the php54 from the CentOS rebuild of the
>> Red Hat Software Collections?
> Having heard nothing, here's what I have done to get my installation
> up to 8.1.3:
> 1.) Full backup, database and /var/www/html/owncloud
> 2.) Manually download rpm packages from OBS for CentOS 6 8.1.3-13.1
> 3.) Install rpmrebuild
> 4.) rpmrebuild -e -p owncloud-server.rpm
> 5.) Edited the rpmrebuild-generated spec file to change all php
> dependencies to include the 'php54-' prepended, and changed the php
> dependency to be for php54 instead of php >= 5.4.0 and changed the
> release number to show this (I used '1scl' as the release).
> 6.) Saved the generated spec file, and copied the resulting package
> (in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/noarch) to where the owncloud and
> owncloud-config-apache packages downloaded from OBS are.
> 7.) 'service httpd stop'
> 8.) 'yum remove owncloud-server-scl-php54'
> 9.) 'yum install owncloud-8.1.3-13.1.noarch.rpm
> owncloud-config-apache-8.1.3-13.1.noarch
> owncloud-server-8.1.3-13.1scl.noarch.rpm
> 10.) Do the update to 8.1.3 through the web interface.
> 11.) Disable the OBS owncloud repo and start manually tracking it.....
>
> And I'm successfully on 8.1.3.  Now, having said all that, I will
> mention that I maintained the PostgreSQL RPMS from about 6.5.x through
> 7.4.x (1999 through 2004) and that I still do from-source-rpm builds
> frequently, so I knew exactly what I was doing, and I tried it on a
> development server with various dependencies and options before
> settling on this method before doing this on my production owncloud
> instance.  So your mileage may vary, and make sure you have a full and
> tested backup before trying anything like this on the production
> instance.
>
> _______________________________________________
> User mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user

--
Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Owncloud 8.1.3 packages in OBS for use with CentOS 6 and Software Collections PHP54.

Lamar Owen
On 09/25/2015 01:40 PM, Jürgen Weigert wrote:

> Hey Owen!
> great that you had success finally.
> There is support for that specific build target in the spec files
> already. It is called 'CentOS_6_PHP54'. Not sure how you can select
> this, if you do manual rebuilds, but in the BuildService, I have the
> %{_repository} variable telling me what my current build target is.
> The code that takes care of prepending 'php54-' to all dependencies
> looks like this:
>
> %define ocphp           php
> %define ocphp_bin       /usr/bin
> %define ochttpd         httpd
> %if "%_repository" == "CentOS_6_PHP54" || "%_repository" ==
> "RHEL_6_PHP54"
> %define ocphp           php54-php
> %define ocphp_bin       /opt/rh/php54/root/usr/bin
> %define ochttpd         httpd
> %endif
>
> seen here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/isv:ownCloud:community:8.1/owncloud
Would it be possible to get this repo enabled so that it could be used
by people using the php54 from the SCL?  If it's a matter of editing
/etc/yum.repos.d/isv:ownCloud:community.repo to point to a
CentOS_6_PHP54 repository then that's easy.  But that repository doesn't
currently exist; something about 'Build jobs have been processed, new
repository is not yet created.'

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Owncloud 8.1.3 packages in OBS for use with CentOS 6 and Software Collections PHP54.

Lamar Owen
On 09/25/2015 03:07 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Would it be possible to get this repo enabled so that it could be used
> by people using the php54 from the SCL?  If it's a matter of editing
> /etc/yum.repos.d/isv:ownCloud:community.repo to point to a
> CentOS_6_PHP54 repository then that's easy.  But that repository
> doesn't currently exist; something about 'Build jobs have been
> processed, new repository is not yet created.'
>
Ok, the repos are there now, but the packages are older there than what
I have.  There is owncloud-server-8.1.3-2.1.noarch.rpm in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/8.1/CentOS_6_PHP54/noarch/ 
but I previously downloaded (and hand-patched) a
owncloud-server-8.1.2-13.1.noarch.rpm, which was from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/CentOS_CentOS-6/noarch/ 
and there is no CentOS_6_PHP54 under
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/ .  
The latter location is where the downloads pages for CentOS packages
points you to.

Anyway, just an observation.



_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user