Owncloud and amarok

Luis Alexandre Coimbra e Silva
Dear owncloud developers,

I just successfully set up an owncloud server at home.
I also checked out the media player branch just to play with it a bit.
I have two questions:
1) is it possible tu use owncloud as a music server in conjunction with amarok
as a client? In which case, how?
2) How to properly configure the plasma ocs_activities widget so I can monitor
all the logins?

I volunteer to transcribe your answers to the wiki ;)

Anyway, thanks for your great work.
Luis A. C. Silva

Re: Owncloud and amarok

Robin Appelman
On Thursday 20 January 2011 18:19:14 Luis Alexandre Coimbra e Silva wrote:
> Dear owncloud developers,
>
> I just successfully set up an owncloud server at home.
> I also checked out the media player branch just to play with it a bit.
> I have two questions:
> 1) is it possible tu use owncloud as a music server in conjunction with
> amarok as a client? In which case, how?
Yes, the media player plugin implements the ampache xml api that amarok
supports, as server url put something like foo.bar/owncloud/plugins/media.

You have to login trought the web interface once while the plugin is activated
before you can use that account with the ampache api.

Note that the plugin is still experimental and may not work with all music
collections, browsers or server configurations
> 2) How to properly configure the plasma ocs_activities widget so I can
> monitor all the logins?
I *think* you just have to add your owncloud url and login as a provider in
the Social Desktop settings but I'm not sure