Problems Installing v2

theDuck
Hi,

At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.

I am using Gentoo specifically:

kernel 2.6.36
apache 2.2.17
php 5.36
mysql 5.1.51

I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
navigated to the the index.php page.

I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on
the MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?

Your hopefully,

theDuck

Problems Installing v2

Aaron Reichman
On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 10:38:16 pm theDuck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.
>
> I am using Gentoo specifically:
>
> kernel 2.6.36
> apache 2.2.17
> php 5.36
> mysql 5.1.51
>
> I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
> navigated to the the index.php page.
>
> I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
> needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on
> the MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?

Hello,

I believe it's expecting either the root account/password (so that it can
create a new account) or an already existing account. Personally, and I don't
know if this is a best practice, I give it root so it can take care of the
setup for me.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

> Your hopefully,
>
> theDuck

Problems Installing v2

Robin Appelman
You can either fill in credentials for an existing account non-admin
account and an existing database, or if you enter credentials for an
admin account, owncloud will create a new user and database.

 - Robin Appelman

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 23:38, theDuck <theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.
>
> I am using Gentoo specifically:
>
> kernel 2.6.36
> apache 2.2.17
> php 5.36
> mysql 5.1.51
>
> I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
> navigated to the the index.php page.
>
> I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
> needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on the
> MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?
>
> Your hopefully,
>
> theDuck

- Robin Appelman

Problems Installing v2

theDuck
Hi,

Thanks for the advise. I am attempting to install using an admin account
on the MySQL server. I have tried both IE8 and Firefox v5 and I get the
same response.

[Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] [Native code:
1146] [Native message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] MDB2
Error: connect failed: _doConnect: [Error message: Table
'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146] [Native message:
Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist]

When I check the MySQL server I note that the owncloud database has been
created, but contains not tables. A user called "oc_mysql_root" has also
been created.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,

theDuck

On 10/08/2011 08:24, Robin Appelman wrote:

> You can either fill in credentials for an existing account non-admin
> account and an existing database, or if you enter credentials for an
> admin account, owncloud will create a new user and database.
>
>   - Robin Appelman
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 23:38, theDuck<theduck01 at gofast.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.
>>
>> I am using Gentoo specifically:
>>
>> kernel 2.6.36
>> apache 2.2.17
>> php 5.36
>> mysql 5.1.51
>>
>> I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
>> navigated to the the index.php page.
>>
>> I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
>> needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on the
>> MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?
>>
>> Your hopefully,
>>
>> theDuck

Problems Installing v2

Robin Appelman
That is not your fault, there is a bug sometimes during mysql
installation, but I had no luck reproducing it myself.

You can try manually filling the database using docs/owncloud.sql

 - Robin Appelman

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:21, theDuck <theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the advise. I am attempting to install using an admin account on
> the MySQL server. I have tried both IE8 and Firefox v5 and I get the same
> response.
>
> [Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146]
> [Native message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] MDB2 Error:
> connect failed: _doConnect: [Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users'
> doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146] [Native message: Table
> 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist]
>
> When I check the MySQL server I note that the owncloud database has been
> created, but contains not tables. A user called "oc_mysql_root" has also
> been created.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> theDuck
>
> On 10/08/2011 08:24, Robin Appelman wrote:
>>
>> You can either fill in credentials for an existing account non-admin
>> account and an existing database, or if you enter credentials for an
>> admin account, owncloud will create a new user and database.
>>
>> ?- Robin Appelman
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 23:38, theDuck<theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> ?wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.
>>>
>>> I am using Gentoo specifically:
>>>
>>> kernel 2.6.36
>>> apache 2.2.17
>>> php 5.36
>>> mysql 5.1.51
>>>
>>> I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
>>> navigated to the the index.php page.
>>>
>>> I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
>>> needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on
>>> the
>>> MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?
>>>
>>> Your hopefully,
>>>
>>> theDuck

- Robin Appelman

Problems Installing v2

Garcellano, James
Hi theDuck,

I ran into the same issue installing owncloud v2 on a CentOS 5.6 system.

The problem turned out to be that the username was longer than 16 characters.  Once it was shortened, the setup was able to complete.

Hope this helps!

JG75996

That is not your fault, there is a bug sometimes during mysql
installation, but I had no luck reproducing it myself.

You can try manually filling the database using docs/owncloud.sql

 - Robin Appelman

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:21, theDuck <theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the advise. I am attempting to install using an admin account on
> the MySQL server. I have tried both IE8 and Firefox v5 and I get the same
> response.
>
> [Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146]
> [Native message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] MDB2 Error:
> connect failed: _doConnect: [Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users'
> doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146] [Native message: Table
> 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist]
>
> When I check the MySQL server I note that the owncloud database has been
> created, but contains not tables. A user called "oc_mysql_root" has also
> been created.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> theDuck
>
> On 10/08/2011 08:24, Robin Appelman wrote:
>>
>> You can either fill in credentials for an existing account non-admin
>> account and an existing database, or if you enter credentials for an
>> admin account, owncloud will create a new user and database.
>>
>> ?- Robin Appelman
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 23:38, theDuck<theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> ?wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.
>>>
>>> I am using Gentoo specifically:
>>>
>>> kernel 2.6.36
>>> apache 2.2.17
>>> php 5.36
>>> mysql 5.1.51
>>>
>>> I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
>>> navigated to the the index.php page.
>>>
>>> I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
>>> needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on
>>> the
>>> MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?
>>>
>>> Your hopefully,
>>>
>>> theDuck

- Robin Appelman

Problems Installing v2

Garcellano, James
I forgot to add...

The 16 character limit was a function of MySQL v5.x.

JG75996

That is not your fault, there is a bug sometimes during mysql
installation, but I had no luck reproducing it myself.

You can try manually filling the database using docs/owncloud.sql

 - Robin Appelman

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:21, theDuck <theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the advise. I am attempting to install using an admin account on
> the MySQL server. I have tried both IE8 and Firefox v5 and I get the same
> response.
>
> [Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146]
> [Native message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist] MDB2 Error:
> connect failed: _doConnect: [Error message: Table 'owncloud.oc_users'
> doesn't exist] [Native code: 1146] [Native message: Table
> 'owncloud.oc_users' doesn't exist]
>
> When I check the MySQL server I note that the owncloud database has been
> created, but contains not tables. A user called "oc_mysql_root" has also
> been created.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> theDuck
>
> On 10/08/2011 08:24, Robin Appelman wrote:
>>
>> You can either fill in credentials for an existing account non-admin
>> account and an existing database, or if you enter credentials for an
>> admin account, owncloud will create a new user and database.
>>
>> ?- Robin Appelman
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 23:38, theDuck<theduck01 at gofast.co.uk> ?wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At last a cloud under our control, but how does one install version2.
>>>
>>> I am using Gentoo specifically:
>>>
>>> kernel 2.6.36
>>> apache 2.2.17
>>> php 5.36
>>> mysql 5.1.51
>>>
>>> I have download the zip and inflated into ....../htdocs/owncloud and
>>> navigated to the the index.php page.
>>>
>>> I have no problem with the admin account, but what sort of username is
>>> needed for "MySQL username". Does this username need to already exist on
>>> the
>>> MySQL server or is expecting a new user name?
>>>
>>> Your hopefully,
>>>
>>> theDuck

- Robin Appelman