Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Roman Kreisel
Hello Fellows,

I just installed ownCloud yesterday and added the functionality of having a virtual "Everyone" group by modifying the code already posted to https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/11332 by @SimonBin.

Even though it's really only a few lines of code, I think this app might help other users of ownCloud and I'd like to have it published to the store as "experimental" app. I therefore checked https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.1/developer_manual/general/publishing.html, but don't know how to get this app to a rating above 20/100 (is this even possible without having the app in the store?).

Can someone help me on this one? Of course, I'd also appreciate any improvements to my code. In fact I'm no php-coder, so there might be any type of errors even in only those few lines of code.

Best Regards
Roman

Re: Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Chris-3

Re: Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Roman Kreisel
Oh, that was easy! Thanks for your help!

normally you just can create a new app at:

https://apps.owncloud.com/content/add.php

and it should appear at the appstore if the user had enabled "experimental"
apps in their oC installation.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Roman Kreisel

Re: Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Chris-3

Re: Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Chris-3

Re: Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Chris-3

Re: Publishing an App to the "Experimental" store

Roman Kreisel
Hi Chris,

I'm very thankful for your feedback!

Unfortunately this isn't the only issue I found with my first OC-app - even though it looked like it was working, in fact it wasn't - due to an issue with the caching of user-groups: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/21835

Nevertheless, the folder-issue you mentioned has been solved, and I hope my pull request will be integrated, then my app will be functional (as it is on my manually patched system).

Regards
Roman

and just noticed another thing. The archive you have uploaded to
apps.owncloud.com contains the folder:

group_everyone-master

Unfortunately this prevents that the app is installable via the oC internal
appstore as this folder needs to exactly match the appid in:

https://github.com/RomanKreisel/group_everyone/blob/f37e3f55e70535d7087a61b5f583b10f5104f7ae/appinfo/info.xml#L3

I don't know if this is documented somewhere.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Roman Kreisel