QOwnNotes

Dieter Stinshoff
Hi,

i am new although i am using owncloud since long time;
it runs on a QNAP NAS;
i have two topics:
1) can i update owncloud from version 5 to the latest version, 9?; or
have i to install new?
2) does anybody know which release of qownnotes works on owncloud 5?
i have tried the 17.10.1 and 2; can install, but it does not appear in
owncloud

thanks
Dieter

Re: QOwnNotes

Emil Lefherz

Hi Dieter,

unfortunately I never upgraded a path that long; but you can't skip major releases. so you would have to upgrade to 6.0.9, 7.0.15, 8.0.16, 8.1.12, 8.2.11, and then finally to 10.0.3. This works for most people. Installing it completely new would be less time-consuming, I guess ;) depending on how much you shared with other users, etc.

In 10.0.3, you could use the current QOwnNotes version from the marketplace. I have never tried it with ownCloud 5.

I recommend you to ask on https://central.owncloud.org, if you have further questions - there are more people listening :)

best regards,
Emil