Re: OwnCloud Android API

Frank Karlitschek
Hi Anthony,

I?ve put the owncloud mailinglist on CC. I hope this is O.K.

I think this is a good idea. A native Android API would be a good thing.

I would avoid to implement an additional Server API for Android if possible. This just makes ownCloud more complex.
It should be possible to access the existing ownCloud API (WebDAV and OCS) from your java library without a problem.
It?s just http and REST and there are Java libraries to do this.

What do you think?

--
Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

RE : OwnCloud Android API

Anthony Simonigh
Thanks for your fast answer. It seems to be the best solution and i will try theses solutions now. I'll notice you via the mailing list about my advance.

Anthony
De : Frank Karlitschek [karlitschek at kde.org]
Date d'envoi : lundi 7 mars 2011 13:39
? : Anthony Simonigh
Cc : owncloud List
Objet : Re: OwnCloud Android API

--
Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: RE : OwnCloud Android API

Michael Gapczynski
I was also interested in ownCloud on Android. I was planning on writing a
proposal for GSoC for creating an Android application that would work with
ownCloud. It seems that this is also your goal with writing an API.

I'd like to work on this with you if that is alright. I already have a few
ideas and experience with Android applications.