Regular calendar events in birthday calendar?

Regular calendar events in birthday calendar?

Rob Sterenborg (Lists)
Hi,

I'm using Thunderbird 45.2.0 with ownCloud-9.1.0, Calendar-1.3.2 and
Contacts-1.3.1.0.

In both Thunderbird and the Calendar app I'm seeing regular events from
the Personal calendar also being displayed as a Birthday calendar
event.Some events appear multiple times within the same calendar (either
Personal and/or birthdays), some don't.

This is giving problems because I can't dismiss or delete the events
that are displayed via the Birthday calendar, so these events keep
popping up in both Thunderbird and in the ownCloud calendar app.

Once the events are shown in the Birthday calendar I can not do anything
with them anymore. When I try to e.g. remove them, I see log lines like
this (which seems logical as it's the Birthday calendar after all):

<ipaddr> - <username> [23/Aug/2016:23:49:49 +0200] "PUT
/remote.php/caldav/calendars/<username>/contact_birthdays/contacts-6bd8fded-2daa-4de6-83f0-e98512bbedef%40<myhostname>.vcf.ics
HTTP/1.1" 404 354 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.2.0 Lightning/4.7.2" TLSv1.2
ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 server_name:<myhostname> req_time_ms:80313
keepalive:0 pid:15434 conn_status:- bytes_sent:1158

Since the birthday calendar is derived from the contact list, I checked
that but I do not see anything interesting in there.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this?

--
Rob

Re: Regular calendar events in birthday calendar?

Chris-3

On 2016-08-24 12:23, Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can you verify this with the calendar app to make sure that this is not a
> bug in Thunderbird /Lighting? If these events are also appearing in the
> Calendar App its probably the best to create a new bugreport at:
>
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues

Hi,

I see the same events in the Calendar app I mentioned.

If I try to remove them from Thunderbird/Lightning it looks like the
events are removed, but in reality if you restart Thunderbird the events
are back.
I also cannot remove them from the Calendar app itself (as I'd expect).

If I try to move them from the Birthday calendar to the Personal
calendar it is actually copied, not moved.

Okay, so I'll create a bugreport.

Thanks!

--
Rob