Request to join the Test Pilot program

Thiessen, Lia
Hello,

My name is Lia Thiessen and I am a student at Northeastern Illinois University in the Computer Science field.  I am taking an Open Source class and I need to attempt to join a GitHub project.  As my background is with Java and I was hoping to be a software tester after I leave school, I thought it would be a great opportunity to work on an Android Application in some sort of testing scenario.

I have long felt that while these big companies like Microsoft, Google, and Apple angle to give us ease of access to our files with cloud based storage, we are then trusting our precious data to large corporations who can do with it what they will.  OwnCloud seems like an excellent opportunity to have the ease of access to files on the cloud without entrusting personal information to large conglomerates.

I work on a Windows machine with an Ubuntu 14.0.4 virtualbox.

I would be open to any work you want to throw my way, most likely junior jobs.

Thanks,

Lia Thiessen

Re: Request to join the Test Pilot program

malte@wk3.org
Hi Lia,

first of all: What an awesome university to offer a course like that!

Have you looked into the junior jobs in the github repo of the owncloud
android app:
https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Junior+Job%22
?

Also, if you are more interested in the testing than developing side, you
could also do things like building the app with the different outstanding pull
requests and giving feedback if they work for you or not:
https://github.com/owncloud/android/pulls

I don't know if any of the android app developers read this list, but I could
imagine that you can get in touch in the IRC channels #owncloud-android or
#owncloud-dev (if you've never used IRC before, the webclient
https://webchat.freenode.net/ is the quickest way to get connected (please
bring patience, not everyone is online all the time)).

Sincerely,

Malte

--
1BEA 8159 A070 2E53 0152  A59F 0CC5 76E9 703E 1DDC