Quantcast

Requests to .Well-known produce 404 error

Requests to .Well-known produce 404 error

Fabian Santiago
Hello,

I use letsencrypt for ssl.

Owncloud current version 9.x.

Nginx mainline current build on centos 7.3.x.

Recently I've deployed this version and it's sample nginx config.

Now, letsencrypt webroot renewal requests which go to:

(Site)/.well-known/acme-challenge/.....

Receive a 404 response from my owncloud site rather than giving the acme server it's expected challenge response.

I tested this trying to read a simple text file under that path.

Where or which rewrite is affecting this? I'm unsure which in the nginx conf file, or could it be elsewhere?

--
Thanks.
Fabian S.

Re: Requests to .Well-known produce 404 error

poojjnjhzun
For webserver config related questions its strongly advised to contact a community for this webserver rather then a community of the software you're trying to run on this webserver. For nginx you can find support options at:

https://www.nginx.com/support/

In your special case the nginx example configs provided at the ownCloud documentation has already a part for the Let's Encrypt acme-challenge:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/nginx_examples.html#example-configurations

which shouldn't show your mentioned issue (if you don't have any other issues in your nginx config).

April 10, 2017 1:54 AM, "poojjnjhzun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For webserver config related questions its strongly advised to contact a
> community for this webserver rather then a community of the software you're
> trying to run on this webserver. For nginx you can find support options at:
>
> https://www.nginx.com/support
>
> In your special case the nginx example configs provided at the ownCloud
> documentation has already a part for the Let's Encrypt acme-challenge:
>
> https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/nginx_examples.html#example-configu
> ations
>
> which shouldn't show your mentioned issue (if you don't have any other
> issues in your nginx config).

understood. thanks. i will revisit this in my configs.

Fabian S.