Roadmap

Cornelius Schumacher
While trying to update my ownCloud appliance, I cam across conflcting
information about the roadmap and what the current version of ownCloud is.

The page at http://owncloud.org/discover/ states that there was a beta release
of ownCloud 2 on September 15th, but this release doesn't seem to exist. On
http://owncloud.org/use/ it's stated that version 1.1 and 1.2 are outdated and
deprecated.

So which version is actually the one users are supposed to use? It would be
great to clarify that on the web site and provide proper release tarballs for
that. Makes it much more easy to distribute ownCloud.

Roadmap

Frank Karlitschek
Hi Cornelius,

you are right.
We skipped the first beta last friday and will release beta 1 tomorrow.

ownCloud 2 final is planed for September 30th if we don?t find major showstoppers.
Then we?ll finally have a stable version again which is suitable for endusers.

Sorry for the confusion.

On 22.09.2011, at 22:19, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> While trying to update my ownCloud appliance, I cam across conflcting
> information about the roadmap and what the current version of ownCloud is.
>
> The page at http://owncloud.org/discover/ states that there was a beta release
> of ownCloud 2 on September 15th, but this release doesn't seem to exist. On
> http://owncloud.org/use/ it's stated that version 1.1 and 1.2 are outdated and
> deprecated.
>
> So which version is actually the one users are supposed to use? It would be
> great to clarify that on the web site and provide proper release tarballs for
> that. Makes it much more easy to distribute ownCloud.
>
> --
> Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org