Same image in different albums without duplicates

Same image in different albums without duplicates

Tom Fernandes
Hi everybody,

is there a way to have an image in e.g. 3 different albums without
duplicating (copying) it?

Warm regards,

Tom

Re: Same image in different albums without duplicates

Vincent Petry
Hello,

Unfortunately this isn't possible because ownCloud doesn't support hard
links or symbolic links.

Cheers,

Vincent

On 24.09.2016 21:22, Tom Fernandes wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> is there a way to have an image in e.g. 3 different albums without
> duplicating (copying) it?
>
> Warm regards,
>

> Tom

Re: Same image in different albums without duplicates

Tom Fernandes
Thanks. I know that links are not supported.

But what about "virtual" albums - e.g. based on tags? Isn't this a very
common request? I guess a lot of people upload their pics directly from
their mobile to OC and would like to create and share (different) albums
based on the pics. Shouldn't be too hard to implement I guess (not in
the possition to code it though...)

Is there an open issue for this kind of feature? Otherwise I would open one.

warm regards,

Tom