Server 2012 Test Piolet

Andrew Harris
Hello,
I see that there isn't a great following of ownCloud users running on Server 2012. I have been a huge fan of what ownCloud is doing, so If you need anyone for testing \ developing I'd like to offer.

My current config is;

Software
Server 2012 r2
IIS 8.5 +SSL + NUMA
MySQL v.5.6.21 x64
PHP v5.3.29 x86
ownCloud 7.0.2

Hardware
Core i7 930
10GB DDR3

Thank you,
Andrew

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CFE77D.CBD8B920]

Andrew Harris
Phoenix Solutions
916.899.7624
aharris at phoenix-it.net<mailto:aharris at phoenix-it.net>
Phoenix-it.net<http://www.phoenix-it.net/>

Having trouble viewing or replying to this email, please add me to your "safe senders" list.

Server 2012 Test Piolet

Vincent Petry
Hello Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your interest in helping testing ownCloud !

If you like you could grab the "stable7" branch and test it on Windows
Server.
Another way of helping is to have a look at the Windows Server specific
bugs and test whether they still happen on stable7.

This would help preparing for the next 7.x.x releases.

Thanks,

Vincent

On 10/14/2014 04:21 PM, Andrew Harris wrote:

> Hello,
> I see that there isn't a great following of ownCloud users running on Server 2012. I have been a huge fan of what ownCloud is doing, so If you need anyone for testing \ developing I'd like to offer.
>
> My current config is;
>
> Software
> Server 2012 r2
> IIS 8.5 +SSL + NUMA
> MySQL v.5.6.21 x64
> PHP v5.3.29 x86
> ownCloud 7.0.2
>
> Hardware
> Core i7 930
> 10GB DDR3
>
> Thank you,
> Andrew
>

> [cid:image001.jpg at 01CFE77D.CBD8B920]
>
> Andrew Harris
> Phoenix Solutions
> 916.899.7624
> aharris at phoenix-it.net<mailto:aharris at phoenix-it.net>
> Phoenix-it.net<http://www.phoenix-it.net/>
>
> Having trouble viewing or replying to this email, please add me to your "safe senders" list.

Server 2012 Test Piolet

Andrew Harris
Hello Vincent,
I am running the most recent version of stable 7. Are there any specific bugs that need addressing first?

aharris at phoenix-it.net<mailto:aharris at phoenix-it.net><mailto:aharris at phoenix-it.net><mailto:aharris at phoenix-it.net>

Phoenix-it.net<http://www.phoenix-it.net/><http://www.phoenix-it.net/>

Having trouble viewing or replying to this email, please add me to your "safe senders" list.

Server 2012 Test Piolet

Vincent Petry
Hello Andrew,

Usually issues on Windows server are related to file names with
encoding, and sometimes also encryption. You could try these first.

Random testing is also useful, just checking that all features work
(sharing, LDAP, etc)

Else there's also this test plan:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Testplan (might be a bit outdated)
but can give you an idea what to test.

There's also a special label for Windows server on GitHub:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/labels/Windows%20server

There is currently no particular priority for these issues.

Please note thaat 7.0.3 RC1 already came out yesterday so you could
rather use that version for testing. (7.0.3 RC 1 is based on the stable7
branch)

Yet another idea is upgrade testing: install 7.0.2, populate with some
data then upgrade to 7.0.3 RC1. Then do the same to test upgrading from
6.0.5 to 7.0.3 RC1.

Hope this helps :-)

Feel free to hang out in the #owncloud-testing chatroom on Freenode.

Cheers,

Vincent