Stabilizing ownCloud server 9.1 and the upcoming maintenance releases

Stabilizing ownCloud server 9.1 and the upcoming maintenance releases

Vincent Petry
Hello,

1) Stabilizing 9.1

We are still working on stabilizing 9.1 for the upcoming release. At around the same time, the maintenance releases are scheduled to go out as well. See https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Maintenance-and-Release-Schedule for details.

So far the focus is on fixing sev1-critical, sev2-high and regression tickets as part of the 9.1 bugfixing phase. Here are some links for the server part:
- criticals: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Asev1-critical
- highs: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Asev2-high
- regressions: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aregression

Same labels but cross-repositories:
- criticals: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3Aowncloud+label%3Asev1-critical
- highs: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3Aowncloud+label%3Asev2-high
- regressions: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3Aowncloud+label%3Aregression

2) Maintenance releases

Please note that some tickets from the links above might be assigned to OC 9.0.3 or lower versions. Most of them are intended to be fixed on master for 9.1 and then backported, so they are relevant not only for 9.1 but also for the maintenance releases.

3) Helping out

For those who would like to join the effort for fixing server issues, if you need to get familiar with the server code you can have a look at the 9.1 junior jobs first https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A9.1-current+label%3A%22junior+job%22 to get familiar with the server codebase.

Also feel free to ping me or any devs in #owncloud-dev on IRC with questions about the server code.

If you already have some expertise in specific parts of the code we can also add you to the teams, just let me know:
https://github.com/orgs/owncloud/teams

Help with PR reviews is also appreciated: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3Aowncloud+label%3A%223+-+To+Review%22+milestone%3A9.1-current
(two thumbs up required + CI passing for a merge)

4) Triage and code freeze

The numbers are still a bit high at the moment. We'll triage them further once we approach 9.1.0 RC1 which is on June 22th (in two weeks). After the RC1 we will enter the code freeze phase and only fixes for sev1-critical issues or showstoppers will be accepted.

5) Feature list

I did my best to check all the PRs that were merged in core and updated the 9.1 feature list: https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features
If I missed your feature, feel free to add it yourself with a link to the issue/PR or drop me a line.

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work !

Vincent