Syncing Mailing List with the Forum

Carsten Schiefner
Hi.

Reading Klaas' email in another thread:

I wonder if the lists and the forum cannot be linked together.

What I have in mind is what the RIPE NCC did: the main means of
discussion have alsways been and still are the various mailing lists.

Yet, they managed to add a forum at
https://www.ripe.net/participate/mail/forum/ that allows people to
contribute in such a way as well.

Any thoughts, anybody?

Best,

        -C.

Re: Syncing Mailing List with the Forum

Chris Green
On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 06:21:42PM +0100, Carsten Schiefner wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Reading Klaas' email in another thread:

Excellent idea, as long as the list doesn't get overloaded.  There are
quite a few examples of this and even lists which are mapped to Usenet
as well.

--
Chris Green

Re: Syncing Mailing List with the Forum

nfasmnans

On 06.01.2017 16:30, nfasmnans wrote:

> its even possible to use Discourse (the forum software) in Mailinglist mode:

> This could completely replace the current mailinglist. Thats was also
> already discussed there:

> but havn't lead to any conclusion.

Please consider me being a "Yes, good idea" with the requirement that
the email-in feature that allows users to also reply via mail
(https://meta.discourse.org/t/replacing-mailing-lists-email-in/13099) is
provisioned from day one.

I did not participate in the survey though - because I could not as I do
not have an account. And could not (yet) be bothered to set one up only
for the mere purpose of me participating.

Somebody with an account: feel free to tick the 'yes' option one more
time on my behalf.

Cheers,

        -C.