Table prefix

Pauleman (DerPaul)
Hello there,

as my provider offers me only one database (schema), I have to install
everthing into this schema. While I've got a wordpress installation, I
can identify the wordpress tables on a user choosen prefix. The default
there is 'wp_'. Unfortunately I miss such feature for the owncloud
tables. Is there any plan to fix this? I will highly appreciate such
kind of feature.

Regards

Jochen

Table prefix

Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
2010/7/3 Pauleman (DerPaul) <Pauleman at derpaul.net>:
> Hello there,
>
> as my provider offers me only one database (schema), I have to install
> everthing into this schema. While I've got a wordpress installation, I
> can identify the wordpress tables on a user choosen prefix. The default
> there is 'wp_'. Unfortunately I miss such feature for the owncloud
> tables. Is there any plan to fix this? I will highly appreciate such
> kind of feature.
I've implemented it here
(http://gitorious.org/~xoen/owncloud/xoen-owncloud - branch
"table-prefix"), here what I've done:
 * I've added a row in the configuration form
 * Create tables with the right name
 * changed all the query in /inc/lib_*.php, it uses the name with the prefix.

It should work. Are there other places where queries are executed?

Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org>

Table prefix

Robin Appelman
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 07:58, Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org> wrote:

> 2010/7/3 Pauleman (DerPaul) <Pauleman at derpaul.net>:
>> Hello there,
>>
>> as my provider offers me only one database (schema), I have to install
>> everthing into this schema. While I've got a wordpress installation, I
>> can identify the wordpress tables on a user choosen prefix. The default
>> there is 'wp_'. Unfortunately I miss such feature for the owncloud
>> tables. Is there any plan to fix this? I will highly appreciate such
>> kind of feature.
> I've implemented it here
> (http://gitorious.org/~xoen/owncloud/xoen-owncloud - branch
> "table-prefix"), here what I've done:
> ?* I've added a row in the configuration form
> ?* Create tables with the right name
> ?* changed all the query in /inc/lib_*.php, it uses the name with the prefix.
>
> It should work. Are there other places where queries are executed?
>

> --
> Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org>

Queries are also executed from the webdav server, in
inc/HTTP/WebDav/Server/Filesystem.php

Anyway, great work on making ownCloud work in more situations

 - Robin Appelman

Table prefix

Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
2010/7/4 Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org>:

> 2010/7/3 Pauleman (DerPaul) <Pauleman at derpaul.net>:
>> Hello there,
>>
>> as my provider offers me only one database (schema), I have to install
>> everthing into this schema. While I've got a wordpress installation, I
>> can identify the wordpress tables on a user choosen prefix. The default
>> there is 'wp_'. Unfortunately I miss such feature for the owncloud
>> tables. Is there any plan to fix this? I will highly appreciate such
>> kind of feature.
> I've implemented it here
> (http://gitorious.org/~xoen/owncloud/xoen-owncloud - branch
Just an update, the code now is in the Robin Appelman repository
(http://gitorious.org/owncloud/icewinds-owncloud).
He's testing it, so it could be used in ownCloud somewhen in the
future if it's OK.

2010/7/5 Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org>:

> 2010/7/4 Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org>:
>> 2010/7/3 Pauleman (DerPaul) <Pauleman at derpaul.net>:
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> as my provider offers me only one database (schema), I have to install
>>> everthing into this schema. While I've got a wordpress installation, I
>>> can identify the wordpress tables on a user choosen prefix. The default
>>> there is 'wp_'. Unfortunately I miss such feature for the owncloud
>>> tables. Is there any plan to fix this? I will highly appreciate such
>>> kind of feature.
>> I've implemented it here
>> (http://gitorious.org/~xoen/owncloud/xoen-owncloud - branch
> Just an update, the code now is in the Robin Appelman repository
> (http://gitorious.org/owncloud/icewinds-owncloud).
> He's testing it, so it could be used in ownCloud somewhen in the
> future if it's OK.
The table-prefix code is in the master branch (http://gitorious.org/owncloud).

Now you can choose a prefix for the DB tables (default is 'oc_').

--
Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca <xoen at xoen.org>