Test pilots

Torres, Ashley
Hello,

I am emailing you in regards to the possibility of contributing to the owncloud android application by becoming a test pilot. I am also interested in fixing junior job codes, but I can assume that can completed through pull requests in github.

A little about myself...I am currently a senior at Northeastern Illinois with a major concentration in information technology and technical programming. I am currently taking an open source class in which I should contribute to an open source project to the best of my abilities. I am very eager to help in any way I can.

I am experienced with java and just completed a mobile application course last semester, so I am familiar with the android development platform.

I can start contributing/testing as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Re: Test pilots

malte@wk3.org
Hi Ashley,

do you know Lia Thiessen? They wrote to this list about two weeks ago on the
same topic, and I tried to give some pointers, although I don't know if they
were helpful or if anything came out of it. The respective email is attached.

Sincerely,

Malte

--
1BEA 8159 A070 2E53 0152  A59F 0CC5 76E9 703E 1DDC
Hi Lia,

first of all: What an awesome university to offer a course like that!

Have you looked into the junior jobs in the github repo of the owncloud
android app:
https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Junior+Job%22
?

Also, if you are more interested in the testing than developing side, you
could also do things like building the app with the different outstanding pull
requests and giving feedback if they work for you or not:
https://github.com/owncloud/android/pulls

I don't know if any of the android app developers read this list, but I could
imagine that you can get in touch in the IRC channels #owncloud-android or
#owncloud-dev (if you've never used IRC before, the webclient
https://webchat.freenode.net/ is the quickest way to get connected (please
bring patience, not everyone is online all the time)).

Sincerely,

Malte

--
1BEA 8159 A070 2E53 0152  A59F 0CC5 76E9 703E 1DDC

Re: Test pilots

Raquel Perez
Hello Ashley,

Thanks a lot for your interest in ownCloud!

Certainly, your help is very welcome!

The starting point will be to join us on IRC and have a look at the contributing document, https://github.com/owncloud/android/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Testpilots are very appreciated, we have a repo for us to track the qa work; https://github.com/owncloud/QA please, have a look at it, we have issues created per the current features being tested, you may start helping us with this.

Plus, if you are intereting in coding, you may check the junior job label on the android repo.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Raquel