Testpilotcloud Client

Klaas Freitag-3
Dear Testpilots,

it has been quiet here recently, but that will change! The upcoming
release of the ownCloud Client with multi account support is exciting us
already!

I thought I'd share some bits of information that will hopefully be
interesting and motivate you to jump in testing immediately, even though
we do not even have a beta yet.

The Testpilot-Client
--------------------

We learned that people do not want to remove their production client
from the computer to run a test version of the ownCloud client. Running
two "ownCloud Clients" in parallel is not possible without fiddling.

To make that easier, we create a special branding which we call the
Testpilot-Client. It can be installed and operated in parallel to the
stable client, so you can continue to use the stable version but also do
some testing with the Testpilot Client.

The Testpilot Client for Windows and Mac can be downloaded from the
daily download location:
http://download.owncloud.com/desktop/daily/
Check out for the latest builds, the names contain the date. The build
is refreshed every night, and rotated.

For Linux, please use the isv:ownCloud:community:nightly repository:
https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=isv%3AownCloud%3Acommunity%3Anightly&package=testpilotcloud-client

In case you find an error, here is the link to the current bug list of
the upcoming version 2.0.0:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%222.0+-+Multi-account%22

Please help us to do a really exciting release with ownCloud Client
2.0.0 - without your help it will be hard, but together we can really
rock the stage!

Thanks,

Klaas

Re: Testpilotcloud Client

Bjoern Schiessle
Hi Klaas,

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:55:02 +0200 Klaas Freitag wrote:

> We learned that people do not want to remove their production client
> from the computer to run a test version of the ownCloud client.
> Running two "ownCloud Clients" in parallel is not possible without
> fiddling.
>
> To make that easier, we create a special branding which we call the
> Testpilot-Client. It can be installed and operated in parallel to the
> stable client, so you can continue to use the stable version but also
> do some testing with the Testpilot Client.
That's a great idea and will make testing a lot easier for many people,
including myself. :)

Thanks,
Björn

--