Transfering data from user to user

Jean-Marc Fontana

Hello,

We are currently using owncloud 8.2.11, with user authentication done by LDAP
connected to an A.D. Windows 2012. Some of our users are gone but their work
should be carried on. I would like to know whether it is possible to get one user's
data with shares and links and give all that stuff to another user.

Best regards

JM Fontana

Re: Transfering data from user to user

450084394239
There is a files:transfer-ownership occ comand available you could use:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration/server/occ_command.html#the-files-transfer-ownership-command

Might be possible that the outdated 8.2.11 doesn't provide this
functionality yet. But this version reached its end of life in 2017-5:

https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/Maintenance-and-Release-Schedule
https://owncloud.org/news/stay-up-to-date-get-rid-of-your-old-version/

and you should upgrade to 10.0.10 ASAP. The following blogpost says that
this can be done from 8.2.11 directly to 10.0.10:

https://owncloud.org/news/owncloud-10-0-3-release/

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html