UPDATE Error "Magic quotes"

hippykilla
I have two separate OC server installs on two different environments.  Both I tried to upgrade using the upgrade tool within the admin panel.  Both times I received an error during upgrade and it stopped and both times the server now are no longer accessible and only show an error saying "magic quotes are enabled" and they are NOT enabled and that "PHP Modules are installed but are still missing" and of course they are installed and available since the servers were working great just moments prior to the upgrade.

Anyone else have this issue, seen this issue and have a solution other than installing from scratch....again.
See picture of error.

Re: UPDATE Error "Magic quotes"

Chris-3

Re: UPDATE Error "Magic quotes"

hippykilla
Yes I am sure and I have done that check. Also, does the upgrade activate
magic quotes? If it doesn't then why would the error just happen when the
doesn't allow it to run.

Re: UPDATE Error "Magic quotes"

Chris-3

Re: UPDATE Error "Magic quotes"

Frank Karlitschek-3
Can you please upload a file to your sever that contains:

<?php
phpinfo();

If you access this file in the browser you see a list of all the server configuration settings. Please search for magic quotes and confirm that they are switched off.

Frank