Unable to update owncloud 8.2.1 and then owncloud 10

Unable to update owncloud 8.2.1 and then owncloud 10

Michaël Parchet

Hello,

I have owncloud 8.2.1 server on my host with centos 7

My problem.

When I click on update button on the admin interface, I get this error :

  • 1. Check & Backup
  • 2. Download & Extract
  • 3. Replace

Here is your backup: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/data/updater_backup/8.2.1.4-927c1060

/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/data/updater_backup/8.2.11.zip extraction error

Could you help me please to fix this bug and uprade owncloud 8.2.1 to owncloud 10 ?

Best regards

mparchet

Re: Unable to update owncloud 8.2.1 and then owncloud 10

Carlos Damken
Which PHP version do you have?

Did you try over tar files?
---

Carlos Damken
On May 2, 2018, at 21:04, "Michaël Parchet" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I have owncloud 8.2.1 server on my host with centos 7

My problem.

When I click on update button on the admin interface, I get this error :

  • 1. Check & Backup
  • 2. Download & Extract
  • 3. Replace

Here is your backup: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/data/updater_backup/8.2.1.4-927c1060

/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/data/updater_backup/8.2.11.zip extraction error

Could you help me please to fix this bug and uprade owncloud 8.2.1 to owncloud 10 ?

Best regards

mparchet

Re: Unable to update owncloud 8.2.1 and then owncloud 10

450084394239
In the last few weeks you got multiple times the information to not use the
updater app and to do the manual upgrade instead:

https://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/user/2018-April/002953.html
https://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/user/2018-April/002959.html
https://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/user/2018-April/002956.html

As you're struggling with this since longer time it could make sense to
throw away the idea to use the updater app and to follow previous
suggestions like the ones above :-)

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

On 02/05/2018 21:59, Carlos Damken wrote:
Which PHP version do you have?

CentOS 7.4.1708

php version 5.6.36

I can choice :
  • php 5.6
  • php.7.0
  • php 7.1
  • php 7.2

  1. should I change the php version ?
  2. If yes which version sould I choice ? /.2

Did you try over tar files?
---
No I haven't the administrators rights on the server because the server is configure as an internet site but I can downloud the tar archive and upload the archive cotenant to server.

To use ownclous, should I use a dedicate server with I have the root rights ?

should I do this ?

Thanks for your support

Best regards

mparchet

Carlos Damken
On May 2, 2018, at 21:04, "Michaël Parchet" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I have owncloud 8.2.1 server on my host with centos 7

My problem.

When I click on update button on the admin interface, I get this error :

  • 1. Check & Backup
  • 2. Download & Extract
  • 3. Replace

Here is your backup: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/data/updater_backup/8.2.1.4-927c1060

/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/data/updater_backup/8.2.11.zip extraction error

Could you help me please to fix this bug and uprade owncloud 8.2.1 to owncloud 10 ?

Best regards

mparchet

Re: Unable to update owncloud 8.2.1 and then owncloud 10

Carlos Damken
Because you don't have administrator access Im agree with [hidden email],, follow his reenations

It would be much easier with tar, install latest 8.2 version and then install latest 10.0.8 version

---

Carlos Damken

Hello,