Web upload?

Bugs Bane
Hey all,

I find that a lot of the time I'm downloading something large from the
web, only to upload it again to ownCloud. What I would love to see would
be a "Web Upload" / "Save from web" option, where users can have
ownCloud save a file from the web straight into the ownCloud file
storage without downloading first.

For example, I find an interesting mp3 online that I want to store and
listen to later. I copy the download link, paste it into "Web upload" in
ownCloud and owncloud would wget / curl's the file straight into my file
collection.

I mentioned this on IRC and others there at the time (Archness and
Tanghaus) were enthusiastic and suggested I post it here.

Web upload?

Stefan Göckeritz
Hey,

I find, this is neat idea. If that was possible, this would really easy
working with the cloud on the web. Maybe this could be on top of the
agenda for a feature release even before 4.0.

I'd definitely vote for it.

Cheers
Stefan

Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012 17:07:18 schrieb Bugsbane:

> Hey all,
>
> I find that a lot of the time I'm downloading something large from the
> web, only to upload it again to ownCloud. What I would love to see
> would be a "Web Upload" / "Save from web" option, where users can have
> ownCloud save a file from the web straight into the ownCloud file
> storage without downloading first.
>
> For example, I find an interesting mp3 online that I want to store and
> listen to later. I copy the download link, paste it into "Web upload"
> in ownCloud and owncloud would wget / curl's the file straight into my
> file collection.
>
> I mentioned this on IRC and others there at the time (Archness and
> Tanghaus) were enthusiastic and suggested I post it here.

Web upload?

Domnick Eger
I just hope who ever does this doesn't just resort to fopen :), if not written correctly can easily exploit a server. I have seen some other application that just use CURL, mabey this could be a mini application or patch.

I find, this is neat idea. If that was possible, this would really easy working with the cloud on the web. Maybe this could be on top of the agenda for a feature release even before 4.0.

I'd definitely vote for it.

Cheers
Stefan

Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012 17:07:18 schrieb Bugsbane:

> Hey all,
>
> I find that a lot of the time I'm downloading something large from the
> web, only to upload it again to ownCloud. What I would love to see
> would be a "Web Upload" / "Save from web" option, where users can have
> ownCloud save a file from the web straight into the ownCloud file
> storage without downloading first.
>
> For example, I find an interesting mp3 online that I want to store and
> listen to later. I copy the download link, paste it into "Web upload"
> in ownCloud and owncloud would wget / curl's the file straight into my
> file collection.
>
> I mentioned this on IRC and others there at the time (Archness and
> Tanghaus) were enthusiastic and suggested I post it here.

Web upload?

Kshitij Parajuli
Am I wrong assuming that we already trust the user with the server?
Currently we let the users upload any kind of file, which includes *.php
files, which could easily be exploited.