WebDAV problem

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem

Cornelius Schumacher
I set up an ownCloud system and tried to access it via WebDAV, but only got an
error. If I go to the URL shown in the admin web interface, I get this
response:

<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
<s:exception>Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotImplemented</s:exception>
<s:message>GET is only implemented on File objects</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.5.0</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

Has anyone else seen this problem? What's needed to make WebDAV work?

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem

Bartek Przybylski
Your webDav is trying to use GET method to retrieve file list. Try use
different client.
Same error occurs when you'll try to open webdav access via browser

2011/9/22 Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>:

> I set up an ownCloud system and tried to access it via WebDAV, but only got an
> error. If I go to the URL shown in the admin web interface, I get this
> response:
>
> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
> <s:exception>Sabre_DAV_Exception_NotImplemented</s:exception>
> <s:message>GET is only implemented on File objects</s:message>
> <s:sabredav-version>1.5.0</s:sabredav-version>
> </d:error>
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem? What's needed to make WebDAV work?
>
> --
> Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> Owncloud at kde.org
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem

Cornelius Schumacher
In reply to this post by Cornelius Schumacher
On Thursday 22 September 2011 23:42:45 Robin Appelman wrote:
> For dolphin (or anything else using kio) you'll need to use webdav://
> as protocol instead of http://

Of course I did that, but there was an unspecified error. I basically used the
same method I used in the past with earlier versions of ownCloud. There it
always worked. How can this be debugged?

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

theDuck
I have been having similar problems connecting to the webdav service
using windows XP.

Reading on the sabredav website suggested that it would only work if
owncloud was installed as a virtual host and not as folder.

ie:

http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/webdav.php      did not work but

http://owncloud.ADDRESS/files/webdav.php      did work.

This worked for me.

theDuck



http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/

On 22/09/2011 23:34, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 22 September 2011 23:42:45 Robin Appelman wrote:
>> For dolphin (or anything else using kio) you'll need to use webdav://
>> as protocol instead of http://
> Of course I did that, but there was an unspecified error. I basically used the
> same method I used in the past with earlier versions of ownCloud. There it
> always worked. How can this be debugged?
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

Frank Karlitschek
This

On 23.09.2011, at 09:17, theDuck wrote:

> I have been having similar problems connecting to the webdav service using windows XP.
>
> Reading on the sabredav website suggested that it would only work if owncloud was installed as a virtual host and not as folder.

Can you send us a link to this information on the sabredav site?

This is a showstopper for the release if true.


> ie:
>
> http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/webdav.php      did not work but
>
> http://owncloud.ADDRESS/files/webdav.php      did work.
>
> This worked for me.
>
> theDuck
>
>
>
> http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/
>
> On 22/09/2011 23:34, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
>> On Thursday 22 September 2011 23:42:45 Robin Appelman wrote:
>>> For dolphin (or anything else using kio) you'll need to use webdav://
>>> as protocol instead of http://
>> Of course I did that, but there was an unspecified error. I basically used the
>> same method I used in the past with earlier versions of ownCloud. There it
>> always worked. How can this be debugged?
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> Owncloud at kde.org
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

theDuck
Hi,

http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/wiki/Windows

Has some interesting things to say about how sabredav needs to be
implemented to be compatible with Windows XP and Vista.

It would be nice if there was a way to make Windows XP (and Vista)  work
with owncloud installed as a folder.


Regards,

theDuck

On 23/09/2011 08:54, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> This
>
> On 23.09.2011, at 09:17, theDuck wrote:
>
>> I have been having similar problems connecting to the webdav service using windows XP.
>>
>> Reading on the sabredav website suggested that it would only work if owncloud was installed as a virtual host and not as folder.
> Can you send us a link to this information on the sabredav site?
>
> This is a showstopper for the release if true.
>
>
>> ie:
>>
>> http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/webdav.php      did not work but
>>
>> http://owncloud.ADDRESS/files/webdav.php      did work.
>>
>> This worked for me.
>>
>> theDuck
>>
>>
>>
>> http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/
>>
>> On 22/09/2011 23:34, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
>>> On Thursday 22 September 2011 23:42:45 Robin Appelman wrote:
>>>> For dolphin (or anything else using kio) you'll need to use webdav://
>>>> as protocol instead of http://
>>> Of course I did that, but there was an unspecified error. I basically used the
>>> same method I used in the past with earlier versions of ownCloud. There it
>>> always worked. How can this be debugged?
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Owncloud mailing list
>> Owncloud at kde.org
>> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
> Frank Karlitschek
> karlitschek at kde.org
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

Cornelius Schumacher
In reply to this post by theDuck
On Friday 23 September 2011 09:17:16 theDuck wrote:
>
> http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/webdav.php      did not work but

That's the configuration, where I got the error. I'm not on Windows, though.

> http://owncloud.ADDRESS/files/webdav.php      did work.

I didn't try this yet.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

Tony McCourin
?????
?????? ??? ?????? ??? ?????????? ???? ??????
https://tonymc.pagekite.me/
--

Best regards,
Tony

On Saturday 24 September 19:58:31 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2011 09:17:16 theDuck wrote:
> > http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/webdav.php      did not work but
>
> That's the configuration, where I got the error. I'm not on Windows, though.
> > http://owncloud.ADDRESS/files/webdav.php      did work.
>
> I didn't try this yet.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

Tony McCourin
 i am very sorry, replied to wrong message...
--

Best regards,
Tony

On Saturday 24 September 18:04:14 you wrote:
> ?????
> ?????? ??? ?????? ??? ?????????? ???? ??????
> https://tonymc.pagekite.me/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WebDAV problem, possible solution

Cornelius Schumacher
In reply to this post by Cornelius Schumacher
On Saturday 24 September 2011 19:58:31 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2011 09:17:16 theDuck wrote:
> > http://ADDRESS/owncloud/files/webdav.php      did not work but
>
> That's the configuration, where I got the error. I'm not on Windows,
> though.

Problem is solved now. It was a missing package, the multibyte thing. It would
be great, if changes in dependencies would be announced somewhere. For me it's
one of the biggest advantages of ownCloud, that it installs easily even in
very limited environments. That obviously means that depdencies have to be
thoroughly controlled, documented, and checked for.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher at kde.org>