Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Bugs Bane
Hi there,

I managed to install OwnCloud without any real problems on my server. I'm
now able to log in at http://owncloud.mydomain.com:80 via my browser and get
to the "Upload File" / Files / Music / Log / Settings / Logout screen.

When I try to create a webdav folder in Dolphin though, I repeatedly just
get:
"Unable to connect to server. Please check your settings and try again."

For credentials I'm using:
NAME: {arbitary created new name. no spaces or special characters}
USER: Same username that I logged into the web interface with
SERVER: Same url I logged into the web interface with (force SSL is set to
false)
PORT: Left at 80
FOLDER: set to /
USE ENCRYPTION: Turned off

Am I doing something wrong or is this just something known in the current
code? I was just surprised because I heard a couple of people say they were
already able to connect via webdav.

I['m hoping to get this figured out, so I can start contributing to the wiki
with a "How to install and update" guide... :)

Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Cosmin Gorgovan
Hi,

You probably just need to use the path indicated by owncloud in the web
interface, but I'm not sure if that should go in the server input or
folder option.

On 03/27/2010 06:02 AM, Bugs Bane wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I managed to install OwnCloud without any real problems on my server.
> I'm now able to log in at http://owncloud.mydomain.com:80 via my
> browser and get to the "Upload File" / Files / Music / Log / Settings
> / Logout screen.
>
> When I try to create a webdav folder in Dolphin though, I repeatedly
> just get:
> "Unable to connect to server. Please check your settings and try again."
>
> For credentials I'm using:
> NAME: {arbitary created new name. no spaces or special characters}
> USER: Same username that I logged into the web interface with
> SERVER: Same url I logged into the web interface with (force SSL is
> set to false)
> PORT: Left at 80
> FOLDER: set to /
> USE ENCRYPTION: Turned off
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this just something known in the
> current code? I was just surprised because I heard a couple of people
> say they were already able to connect via webdav.
>
> I['m hoping to get this figured out, so I can start contributing to
> the wiki with a "How to install and update" guide... :)

Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Bugs Bane
NOTE TO COSMIN: Sorry you're getting this twice. I hit reply to you instead
of the list first. :/

Here's the funny thing. When I log in there isn't actually a url visible on
the screen.

Here's a picture of what I see when I first log in (minus white squares)
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=ztmegjtzi4g&thumb=6

I noticed though that when I clicked on my username it appears subliminally
for a split second before disappearing again. By clicking about 30 times I
was able to read the url (webdav://owncloud.mydomain.com/webdav/owncloud),
which got me to the point that Dolphins webdav setup now recognises that
there *is* a server. The settings I had to use were:

SERVER:owncloud.mydomain.com  (no http:// or webdav://)
FOLDER:/webdav/owncloud.php

Trouble is, it still rejects the exact same username and password that lets
me log in through the web interface. I did notice though that when I first
log in, until I click on something, that I get the error message:
"*Notice*: Undefined index: username in */home/xxxxxxx/domains/
mydomain.com/public_html/cloud/inc/lib_base.php* on line *115"*

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Cosmin Gorgovan <cosmin at linux-geek.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You probably just need to use the path indicated by owncloud in the web
> interface, but I'm not sure if that should go in the server input or folder
> option.
>

> On 03/27/2010 06:02 AM, Bugs Bane wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I managed to install OwnCloud without any real problems on my server. I'm
>> now able to log in at http://owncloud.mydomain.com:80 via my browser and
>> get to the "Upload File" / Files / Music / Log / Settings / Logout screen.
>>
>> When I try to create a webdav folder in Dolphin though, I repeatedly just
>> get:
>> "Unable to connect to server. Please check your settings and try again."
>>
>> For credentials I'm using:
>> NAME: {arbitary created new name. no spaces or special characters}
>> USER: Same username that I logged into the web interface with
>> SERVER: Same url I logged into the web interface with (force SSL is set to
>> false)
>> PORT: Left at 80
>> FOLDER: set to /
>> USE ENCRYPTION: Turned off
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong or is this just something known in the current
>> code? I was just surprised because I heard a couple of people say they were
>> already able to connect via webdav.
>>
>> I['m hoping to get this figured out, so I can start contributing to the
>> wiki with a "How to install and update" guide... :)

Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Bugs Bane
Well, today's updates removed that error message when I first log in.

 I also discovered that there was a problem with the /data folder
 missing. When I created that, I can now upload and download files
 through the web interface.

 Webdav still doesn't seem to connect though, saying "Cannot connect to
 server. Please check your settings and try again." Can anyone connect
 to webdav via Dolphin and share what you entered where to do it?

 Thanks!

On 3/27/10, Bugs Bane <bugsbane at gmail.com> wrote:

> NOTE TO COSMIN: Sorry you're getting this twice. I hit reply to you instead
> of the list first. :/
>

> Here's the funny thing. When I log in there isn't actually a url visible on
> the screen.
>
> Here's a picture of what I see when I first log in (minus white squares)
> http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=ztmegjtzi4g&thumb=6
>
> I noticed though that when I clicked on my username it appears subliminally
> for a split second before disappearing again. By clicking about 30 times I
> was able to read the url (webdav://owncloud.mydomain.com/webdav/owncloud),
> which got me to the point that Dolphins webdav setup now recognises that
> there *is* a server. The settings I had to use were:
>
> SERVER:owncloud.mydomain.com  (no http:// or webdav://)
> FOLDER:/webdav/owncloud.php
>
> Trouble is, it still rejects the exact same username and password that lets
> me log in through the web interface. I did notice though that when I first
> log in, until I click on something, that I get the error message:
> "*Notice*: Undefined index: username in */home/xxxxxxx/domains/
> mydomain.com/public_html/cloud/inc/lib_base.php* on line *115"*
>

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Cosmin Gorgovan
> <cosmin at linux-geek.org>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You probably just need to use the path indicated by owncloud in the web
>> interface, but I'm not sure if that should go in the server input or
>> folder
>> option.
>>

>> On 03/27/2010 06:02 AM, Bugs Bane wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I managed to install OwnCloud without any real problems on my server.
>>> I'm
>>> now able to log in at http://owncloud.mydomain.com:80 via my browser and
>>> get to the "Upload File" / Files / Music / Log / Settings / Logout
>>> screen.
>>>
>>> When I try to create a webdav folder in Dolphin though, I repeatedly
>>> just
>>> get:
>>> "Unable to connect to server. Please check your settings and try again."
>>>
>>> For credentials I'm using:
>>> NAME: {arbitary created new name. no spaces or special characters}
>>> USER: Same username that I logged into the web interface with
>>> SERVER: Same url I logged into the web interface with (force SSL is set
>>> false)
>>> PORT: Left at 80
>>> FOLDER: set to /
>>> USE ENCRYPTION: Turned off
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong or is this just something known in the
>>> current
>>> code? I was just surprised because I heard a couple of people say they
>>> were
>>> already able to connect via webdav.
>>>
>>> I['m hoping to get this figured out, so I can start contributing to the
>>> wiki with a "How to install and update" guide... :)

Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Bugs Bane
Recent updates seem to have fixed this error! \o/
Thanks to whoever is responsible for that. Unfortunately, now when trying to
download files through the web interface it seems to try and
download get_file.php instead... downloading via webdav works fine.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Bugs Bane <bugsbane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, today's updates removed that error message when I first log in.
>
>  I also discovered that there was a problem with the /data folder
>  missing. When I created that, I can now upload and download files
>  through the web interface.
>
>  Webdav still doesn't seem to connect though, saying "Cannot connect to
>  server. Please check your settings and try again." Can anyone connect
>  to webdav via Dolphin and share what you entered where to do it?
>
>  Thanks!
>
> On 3/27/10, Bugs Bane <bugsbane at gmail.com> wrote:
> > NOTE TO COSMIN: Sorry you're getting this twice. I hit reply to you
> instead
> > of the list first. :/
> >

> > Here's the funny thing. When I log in there isn't actually a url visible
> on
> > the screen.
> >
> > Here's a picture of what I see when I first log in (minus white squares)
> > http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=ztmegjtzi4g&thumb=6
> >
> > I noticed though that when I clicked on my username it appears
> subliminally
> > for a split second before disappearing again. By clicking about 30 times
> > was able to read the url (webdav://owncloud.mydomain.com/webdav/owncloud
> ),
> > which got me to the point that Dolphins webdav setup now recognises that
> > there *is* a server. The settings I had to use were:
> >
> > SERVER:owncloud.mydomain.com  (no http:// or webdav://)
> > FOLDER:/webdav/owncloud.php
> >
> > Trouble is, it still rejects the exact same username and password that
> lets
> > me log in through the web interface. I did notice though that when I
> first
> > log in, until I click on something, that I get the error message:
> > "*Notice*: Undefined index: username in */home/xxxxxxx/domains/
> > mydomain.com/public_html/cloud/inc/lib_base.php* on line *115"*
> >

> > On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Cosmin Gorgovan
> > <cosmin at linux-geek.org>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You probably just need to use the path indicated by owncloud in the web
> >> interface, but I'm not sure if that should go in the server input or
> >> folder
> >> option.

> and

> again."

Webdav from Dolphin rejects server?

Robin Appelman
On Saturday 10 April 2010 07:27:01 Bugs Bane wrote:
> Recent updates seem to have fixed this error! \o/
> Thanks to whoever is responsible for that. Unfortunately, now when trying
> to download files through the web interface it seems to try and
> download get_file.php instead... downloading via webdav works fine.
What browser are you using, some browsers don't seem to use the filename header
so they will use the name of the php file that sends the data, try saving the
file, rename it to the original filename and check if it's the right file.

 - Robin Appelman