Weird sync problem

L. V. Lammert

Had a lot of folders under a user profile, decided get rid of the
subfolders the easy way - move things around on the server (via ssh)
(don't have any sync clients for this username).

Unfortunately, now the *WEB* UI has the OLD folder/file structure, and
even with waiting a few weeks and repetitive logins, it still shows files
and folders not physically on the server.

Is there any way to force the web UI to sync with the new folder stucture
(i.e. no subfolders)? Tried nothing in cache, tried clearing thumbnails,
.. no change.

ownCloud Server 8.2 Community Edition (openSUSE_13.2)

        Happy Holidays to all!

        Lee

Re: Weird sync problem

Klaas Freitag-4
Am 27.12.2016 um 23:05 schrieb L. V. Lammert:

Hi Lee,

> Had a lot of folders under a user profile, decided get rid of the
> subfolders the easy way - move things around on the server (via ssh)
> (don't have any sync clients for this username).

That is a bad idea. ownCloud (especially back in your old version) will
not pick up that changes, that is not supported.

You can do that using a normal webdav client such as cadaver for example.

> Unfortunately, now the *WEB* UI has the OLD folder/file structure, and
> even with waiting a few weeks and repetitive logins, it still shows files
> and folders not physically on the server.
>
> Is there any way to force the web UI to sync with the new folder stucture
> (i.e. no subfolders)? Tried nothing in cache, tried clearing thumbnails,
> .. no change.
>
> ownCloud Server 8.2 Community Edition (openSUSE_13.2)

You can try to use occ filescan as described here:
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#file-operations

My personal recommendation: Set up a new server with an recent version
and upload the data for example via webdav or sync client if you have
all data synced to somewhere.

Btw, this mailinglist is a bit deprecated, most of the activity happens
on https://central.owncloud.org nowadays. Asking this kind of question
will be more successful there.

Hope that helps,

Klaas

Re: Weird sync problem

L. V. Lammert
On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Klaas Freitag wrote:

> You can try to use occ filescan as described here:
> https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#file-operations

Hi Klaus,

Actually, that worked just fine - much appreciated!

The problem is that there are no repositories for 9 yet, as all the SuSE
repos are at 8.

> Btw, this mailinglist is a bit deprecated, most of the activity happens
> on https://central.owncloud.org nowadays. Asking this kind of question
> will be more successful there.

Much appreciated!

        Lee

Re: Weird sync problem

nfasmnans

Re: Weird sync problem

L. V. Lammert
On Fri, 6 Jan 2017, nfasmnans wrote:

> > The problem is that there are no repositories for 9 yet, as all the SuSE
> repos are at 8.
>
> The lastest oC 9.1.3 is available at the following repositories (including
> OpenSUSE):
>
> https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/owncloud/
>
> If upgrading from 8.2 make sure that you don't skip the major release 9.0.x
> (see doc.owncloud.org for more info).

Thanks for the info, .. I found them earlier this week and did the upgrade
to 9.1.3.

Can't WAIT for 9.3 as the calender is finally going to get an Agenda/List
view.

        Thanks!!

        Lee