Where/how to set date format in calendar?

Where/how to set date format in calendar?

Chris Green
As per the subject, I've just noticed that the date format used for
displaying dates in Calendar is MM/DD/YYYY (whoever invented that?!).

Where and how do I change it to something sane?

The Calendar version is 1.4.0, on OwnCloud version 9.1.0.15.

(by the way it was a pain finding the OwnCloud version, is there an
easy way from the web site?)

--
Chris Green

Re: Where/how to set date format in calendar?

Gerald Vogt
On 08/11/2016 14:42, Chris Green wrote:
> As per the subject, I've just noticed that the date format used for
> displaying dates in Calendar is MM/DD/YYYY (whoever invented that?!).

Seems you have set your owncloud language to American English instead of
British English.

Switch to British on your Personal page...

> Where and how do I change it to something sane?
>
> The Calendar version is 1.4.0, on OwnCloud version 9.1.0.15.
>
> (by the way it was a pain finding the OwnCloud version, is there an
> easy way from the web site?)

At the bottom of your Personal page...

-Gerald

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 02:49:29PM +0100, Gerald Vogt wrote:

> On 08/11/2016 14:42, Chris Green wrote:
> > As per the subject, I've just noticed that the date format used for
> > displaying dates in Calendar is MM/DD/YYYY (whoever invented that?!).
>
> Seems you have set your owncloud language to American English instead of
> British English.
>
> Switch to British on your Personal page...
>
> > Where and how do I change it to something sane?
> >
> > The Calendar version is 1.4.0, on OwnCloud version 9.1.0.15.
> >
> > (by the way it was a pain finding the OwnCloud version, is there an
> > easy way from the web site?)
>
> At the bottom of your Personal page...

Thank you, both the things I needed.

--