Win-Client 2.5.3: two flavours?

Carsten Schiefner
All -

on:

        Enterprise File Sync and Share Software - Cloud Server
        https://owncloud.com/download/

obviously two flavours of 2.5.3 are being provided for download:

* ownCloud Windows Client (.msi) 2.5.3

https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.en-US.msi
* ownCloud Windows Client (.msi, EN for GPO) 2.5.3

https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.msi

Firstly, I do not remember to have seen the "EN for GPO" flavour before
(but might easily have overlooked it until now): what's the purpose of it?

Secondly, I find it puzzling that the non-"EN for GPO" flavour has an
extended-by-"en-US" filename when the "EN for GPO" flavour has the
"regular" one, comparable to the filenames of previous versions.

Same on:

        Download ownCloud today - customized for your needs.
        https://owncloud.org/download/#owncloud-desktop-client-windows

, BTW - apart from the fact that the "EN for GPO" flavour is not listed
there.

Could anyone from the oC team shed some light on this, please?

Thanks in advance - best,

        -C.

Re: Win-Client 2.5.3: two flavours?

Michael Stingl @ ownCloud
Check this issue for GPO:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/6769

--
Michael Stingl ([hidden email])
ownCloud GmbH - www.owncloud.com

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

ownCloud GmbH - GF: Tobias Gerlinger, Holger Dyroff
Rathsbergstraße 17, 90411 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: Win-Client 2.5.3: two flavours?

Carsten Schiefner
Michael -

On 27.02.2019 00:43, Michael Stingl wrote:
> Check this issue for GPO:
> https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/6769

I *THINK* I've understood at least the main lines of this: the _client_
itself is always multi-lingual - but when in a GPO environment, the MSI
_installer_ must be in English to work properly.

However, I do not understand your naming scheme then:

* ownCloud Windows Client (.msi) 2.5.3
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.en-US.msi

* ownCloud Windows Client (.msi, EN for GPO) 2.5.3
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.msi

- it seems somehow flipped.

>From the thread on GitHub you mentioned above it should rather be:

* ownCloud Windows Client (.msi) 2.5.3
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.msi

* ownCloud Windows Client (.msi, EN for GPO) 2.5.3
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.en-US.msi

Or am I missing a crucial point here?

Best,

        -C.

Re: Win-Client 2.5.3: two flavours?

Michael Stingl @ ownCloud
Now I get your point. Yes, flipped is wrong. Thanks!

--
Michael Stingl
[hidden email]

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

ownCloud GmbH - GF: Tobias Gerlinger, Holger Dyroff
Rathsbergstraße 17, 90411 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

> On 27. Feb 2019, at 11:35, Carsten Schiefner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Michael -
>
> On 27.02.2019 00:43, Michael Stingl wrote:
>> Check this issue for GPO:
>> https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/6769
>
> I *THINK* I've understood at least the main lines of this: the _client_
> itself is always multi-lingual - but when in a GPO environment, the MSI
> _installer_ must be in English to work properly.
>
> However, I do not understand your naming scheme then:
>
> * ownCloud Windows Client (.msi) 2.5.3
> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.en-US.msi
>
> * ownCloud Windows Client (.msi, EN for GPO) 2.5.3
> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.msi
>
> - it seems somehow flipped.
>
>> From the thread on GitHub you mentioned above it should rather be:
>
> * ownCloud Windows Client (.msi) 2.5.3
> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.msi
>
> * ownCloud Windows Client (.msi, EN for GPO) 2.5.3
> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-2.5.3.11470.11300.en-US.msi
>
> Or am I missing a crucial point here?
>
> Best,
>
> -C.

Re: Win-Client 2.5.3: two flavours?

Carsten Schiefner
Hi Michael,

On 27.02.2019 14:42, Michael Stingl @ ownCloud wrote:
> Now I get your point. Yes, flipped is wrong. Thanks!

happy to help! :-)

However, this appears to not yet have been fixed on either one of the
two sites https://owncloud.com/download/ and
https://owncloud.org/download/ .

Best,

        -C.

Re: Win-Client 2.5.3: two flavours?

Emil Lefherz
I finally got around to fix it on both pages.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best,
Emil