best practice for updating owncloud server

best practice for updating owncloud server

Fabian A. Santiago
hello,

i originally setup my owncloud server using the official repo and installing owncloud-files.

i just updated to v10.0.6.1 through the web updating in the admin panel.

when i check my server's installed packages, it still lists owncloud-files as being v10.0.4.

so will yum eventually offer me 10.0.6.1 again despite already having updated via the web updater?

will this damage my install, having already updated?

should i stop / disable the yum repo going forward and rely on the web updater exclusively?

are there any other insights i haven't thought of? Thanks for your help.

Fabian S.

Re: best practice for updating owncloud server

Victor Dubiniuk-2
In general the best practice is to use the same way of installation and
update.

I haven't tried it but I think there will be no harm if you update your
10.0.6.1 instance to the same version with yum. It should be fast as
soon as your database is already migrated to 10.0.6.
But backups is a rule of thumb for any kind of update.

If you don't want to be nagged with UI notification any more just
disable updatenotification app.

All the best,
Viktar