Quantcast

corrupt download

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

corrupt download

soydepr
i keep getting

soydepr@coqui:~/Downloads$ tar zxf  owncloud-9.1.4.tar

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting no



really ?
_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: corrupt download

Gerald Vogt
On 18/03/2017 01:05, [hidden email] wrote:
> i keep getting
>
> soydepr@coqui:~/Downloads$ tar zxf  owncloud-9.1.4.tar
>
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1
> tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting no

If you already unzipped the tar file you cannot unzip it again...

Remove the z option or make sure to download and store the compressed
file (with the .gz extension).

-Gerald

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: corrupt download

soydepr
In reply to this post by soydepr
tried both ways
neither works



On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 08:05:19PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:

> i keep getting
>
> soydepr@coqui:~/Downloads$ tar zxf  owncloud-9.1.4.tar
>
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1
> tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting no
>
>
>
> really ?
> _______________________________________________
> User mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: corrupt download

Charles Curley
On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 07:14:00 -0400
[hidden email] wrote:

> tried both ways
> neither works

Try "file owncloud-9.1.4.tar".

--

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers,
and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV

Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0  809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB
_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: corrupt download

Gerald Vogt
In reply to this post by soydepr
On 18/03/2017 12:14, [hidden email] wrote:
> tried both ways
> neither works

I very much doubt you have got the same error message without the z
option. But as you don't copy the messages you have got...

-Gerald

>
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 08:05:19PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
>> i keep getting
>>
>> soydepr@coqui:~/Downloads$ tar zxf  owncloud-9.1.4.tar
>>
>> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
>> tar: Child returned status 1
>> tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting no
>>
>>
>>
>> really ?
>> _______________________________________________
>> User mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
> _______________________________________________
> User mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
>

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: corrupt download

soydepr
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 12:57:45PM +0100, Gerald Vogt wrote:
> On 18/03/2017 12:14, [hidden email] wrote:
> >tried both ways
> >neither works
>
> I very much doubt you have got the same error message without the z option.
> But as you don't copy the messages you have got...
>
> -Gerald
>


my bad  it was hanging without the z but i do see now it extracted .

thanks

_______________________________________________
User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user
Loading...