csync can t be loaded

heni wael
good evening all

I build owcloud client for windows (wirh mingw32 ) then i installed it in windows 7 but i got this error
"csync can t be loaded"

can any one help me
thanks

see attached file

capcsync.png (68K) Download Attachment

Re: csync can t be loaded

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

rather than sending screenshots around, it would be more useful if you could provide some information on (in order of increased difficulty):

1. How you built the ownCloud client (i.e. did you build 1.4 or 1.5?)
2. If you used the installer (I assume so, since you said "installed")
3. Whether there is modules/ocsync_owncloud.dll in your installation directory (if not, you can stop here).
4. The final layout of your owncloud directory as installed by the installer (textual please, e.g. "dir /s")
5. (bonus question): check all libraries with dependency walker (you should copy modules/ocsync_owncloud.dll one level up for dependency walker to succeed).

The same applies to everyone else who is having problems with building the ownCloud client or running the result. Without more information,  my guess is as good as yours ever since that time I accidentally dropped my crystal ball (yeah, I should have paid more attention there...).

One important side note (already reflected in the latest build documentation): If you update now, please make sure to install the mingw32-libneon-openssl instead of the mingw32-libneon package (which uses gnutls). Same applies to the equivalent -devel package. It will build in both cases, but only the latter has been tested by us on Windows. Previously, our own mingw32-libneon held a openssl dependency, while the upstream version used gnutls, but that proved to be quite fragile.

Cheers,
  Daniel

Am 14.11.2013 um 14:58 schrieb heni wael:

good evening all

I build owcloud client for windows (wirh mingw32 ) then i installed it in windows 7 but i got this error
"csync can t be loaded"

can any one help me
thanks

see attached file
<capcsync.png>_______________________________________________

www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: csync can t be loaded

heni wael
Thanks for your response
1- i used open-Suse and mingw32 to build the client (mirall1.4.2 and oscync0.9.4) but this problem persiste for the 1.4.0 and 1.3.0
and then i used make packge to build installer

i didnt undrestand what that mean the third
and i can give you the toolchaine that i used to compile it and the message that gives
(i didnt found error while compilation)

so can you explain the third one and thank you

 (i mean:3. Whether there is modules/ocsync_owncloud.dll in your installation directory (if not, you can stop here).)

2013/11/14 Daniel Molkentin <[hidden email]>
[...]

kwillems
Hi Daniel,

JUst for good understandig: whatr do you exactly mean with: "Same applies to the equivalent -devel package."

In https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rst mingw32-libneon-devel is installed, as it was before.

Re: csync can t be loaded

Daniel Molkentin
Well, the devel package also has to be mingw32-libneon-openssl-devel, not mingw32-libneon-devel.

Daniel

<https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rsthttp://>
mingw32-libneon-devel is installed, as it was before.

www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: csync can t be loaded

heni wael
Hey alll
can any one tell us what that mean : 3. Whether there is modules/ocsync_owncloud.dll in your installation directory (if not, you can stop here).

thanks

2013/11/14 Daniel Molkentin <[hidden email]>
Well, the devel package also has to be mingw32-libneon-openssl-devel, not mingw32-libneon-devel.

Daniel

Am 14.11.2013 um 23:17 schrieb kwillems:

Hi Daniel,

JUst for good understandig: whatr do you exactly mean with: "Same applies to
the equivalent -devel package."

In  https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rst
<https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rsthttp://>
mingw32-libneon-devel is installed, as it was before.

www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: csync can t be loaded

kwillems
Thank you for clearing up.
I suggest to change that in https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rst

Re: csync can t be loaded

heni wael
Ok thank you very much it work well now :)

Am 15.11.2013 um 10:10 schrieb kwillems:

Thank you for clearing up.
I suggest to change that in
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rst

If you could find a better wording, I'd happily accept your pull request.

Cheers,
  Daniel

--
www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: csync can t be loaded

kwillems
No, I mean in https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rst 'mingw32-libneon-devel' is mentioned to install instead of 'mingw32-libneon-openssl-devel'.
So I think you forgot to correct that.

:-)

Re: csync can t be loaded

kwillems
In fact, 'mingw32-libneon-devel', should be installed twice, according to https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/blob/master/doc/building.rst

See:

zypper install cmake make mingw32-cross-binutils mingw32-cross-cpp mingw32-cross-gcc \
               mingw32-cross-gcc-c++ mingw32-cross-pkg-config mingw32-filesystem \
               mingw32-headers  mingw32-runtime site-config \
               mingw32-libsqlite-devel mingw32-dlfcn-devel mingw32-libssh2-devel \
               kdewin-png2ico mingw32-libqt4 mingw32-libqt4-devel mingw32-libgcrypt \
               mingw32-libgnutls mingw32-libneon-openssl mingw32-libneon-devel \
               mingw32-libbeecrypt mingw32-libopenssl mingw32-openssl \
               mingw32-libpng-devel mingw32-libsqlite mingw32-qtkeychain \
               mingw32-qtkeychain-devel mingw32-dlfcn mingw32-libintl-devel \
               mingw32-libneon-devel mingw32-libopenssl-devel mingw32-libproxy-devel \
               mingw32-libxml2-devel mingw32-zlib-devel