does davinci resizer support to resize RGB888 data?

does davinci resizer support to resize RGB888 data?

fengzeheng
Hi, all

     In vpfe's spec, the input data of resizer must be 16-bit color
interleaved YUV422 data or 8-bit color separate data. does the resizer
support to resize RGB565 or RGB888 data?
     but in another user guide: understanding davinci resizer, it says
that "the resizer can operate on either interleaved Y/Cb/Cr 4:2:2 data
or separated single color plane, for example, gray scale data
,separated RGB 8:8:8 data or planar Y/Cb/Cr data"

how to understand it? does it mean RGB888 is one kind of 8-bit color
separated data? Can I use resizer to resize RGB888 input data, thanks

--
Best Regards
Feng zeheng

does davinci resizer support to resize RGB888 data?

Vladimir Pantelic
fengzeheng wrote:
> Hi, all
>
>       In vpfe's spec, the input data of resizer must be 16-bit color
> interleaved YUV422 data or 8-bit color separate data. does the resizer
> support to resize RGB565 or RGB888 data?

No, see below

>       but in another user guide: understanding davinci resizer, it says
> that "the resizer can operate on either interleaved Y/Cb/Cr 4:2:2 data
> or separated single color plane, for example, gray scale data
> ,separated RGB 8:8:8 data or planar Y/Cb/Cr data"

The keyword is "separated"

> how to understand it? does it mean RGB888 is one kind of 8-bit color
> separated data? Can I use resizer to resize RGB888 input data, thanks

The resizer can resize 16bit YUV data or 8bit grayscale data.

In order to resize RGB565 or RGB888 you 1st need to split the components
into separate 8bit buffers, resize and then merge together again.

does davinci resizer support to resize RGB888 data?

Andrea Gasparini
> > how to understand it? does it mean RGB888 is one kind of 8-bit color
> > separated data? Can I use resizer to resize RGB888 input data, thanks
>
> The resizer can resize 16bit YUV data or 8bit grayscale data.
>
> In order to resize RGB565 or RGB888 you 1st need to split the components
> into separate 8bit buffers, resize and then merge together again.

if you *really* want it, I guess it can be reached with some EDMA cycles.
So, that's not impossible, although it can be not so "speedy" ;)

bye!
--
Andrea Gasparini
---- ImaVis S.r.l. ----
web: www.imavis.com

does davinci resizer support to resize RGB888 data?

fengzeheng
hi, Gasparini  and Pantelic
      thanks for ur explanation. It looks like much more  difficult to
resize RGB888 data......

2009/11/5 Andrea Gasparini <[hidden email]>:

>> > how to understand it? does it mean RGB888 is one kind of 8-bit color
>> > separated data? Can I use resizer to resize RGB888 input data, thanks
>>
>> The resizer can resize 16bit YUV data or 8bit grayscale data.
>>
>> In order to resize RGB565 or RGB888 you 1st need to split the components
>> into separate 8bit buffers, resize and then merge together again.
>
> if you *really* want it, I guess it can be reached with some EDMA cycles.
> So, that's not impossible, although it can be not so "speedy" ;)
>
> bye!
> --
> Andrea Gasparini
> ---- ImaVis S.r.l. ----
> web: www.imavis.com

Best Regards
Feng zeheng

fengzeheng wrote:
> hi, Gasparini  and Pantelic
>        thanks for ur explanation. It looks like much more  difficult to
> resize RGB888 data......

separating RGB888 to 3 buffers is not "difficult", depending on the alternative
it might still be faster than e.g. a pure SW solution...

> 2009/11/5 Andrea Gasparini<[hidden email]>:
>>>  >  how to understand it? does it mean RGB888 is one kind of 8-bit color
>>>  >  separated data? Can I use resizer to resize RGB888 input data, thanks
>>>
>>>  The resizer can resize 16bit YUV data or 8bit grayscale data.
>>>
>>>  In order to resize RGB565 or RGB888 you 1st need to split the components
>>>  into separate 8bit buffers, resize and then merge together again.
>>
>>  if you *really* want it, I guess it can be reached with some EDMA cycles.
>>  So, that's not impossible, although it can be not so "speedy" ;)
>>
>>  bye!
>>  --
>>  Andrea Gasparini
>>  ---- ImaVis S.r.l. ----
>>  web: www.imavis.com

does davinci resizer support to resize RGB888 data?

fengzeheng
actually the data format is rgb565, So it's diffcult to use dma to
separate the data into 3 buffer..., if use cpu to separat them and
then reform it to rgb565, I doubt the performance would be slow..

2009/11/5 Vladimir Pantelic <[hidden email]>:

> fengzeheng wrote:
>>
>> hi, Gasparini ?and Pantelic
>> ? ? ? thanks for ur explanation. It looks like much more ?difficult to
>> resize RGB888 data......
>
> separating RGB888 to 3 buffers is not "difficult", depending on the
> alternative
> it might still be faster than e.g. a pure SW solution...

>>> ?if you *really* want it, I guess it can be reached with some EDMA
>>> cycles.
>>> ?So, that's not impossible, although it can be not so "speedy" ;)
>>>
>>> ?bye!
>>> ?--
>>> ?Andrea Gasparini
>>> ?---- ImaVis S.r.l. ----