download from link

mmad11
Hi! How to download files by reference as files and not zip archive?

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: download from link

jdd@dodin.org
Le 19/05/2017 à 13:14, mmad11 a écrit :
> Hi! How to download files by reference as files and not zip archive?

right clic, share?

jdd

Le 19/05/2017 à 13:28, mmad11 a écrit :
> I click the right button, share the link, the person opens this link and
> there is no option to download as a file, the file is downloaded only as
> zip archive.

may be for some kind of files, for example not for this one:

https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/UqrUsrguyIcombn

this link should open a folder:

https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/1KZqxyxqD6bXu5h

this one as jpg

https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/SELrIuYUpXzljjv

folders are downloaded by zip is you choose download in "..." and by
folder if you clic on "shared"

jdd

Re: download from link

mmad11
For all links, where more than one file, all files can be downloaded
simultaneously only by the archive. Can I download them as a folder and
not as an archive?

19.05.2017 16:18, [hidden email] пишет:

> Le 19/05/2017 à 13:28, mmad11 a écrit :
>> I click the right button, share the link, the person opens this link
>> and there is no option to download as a file, the file is downloaded
>> only as zip archive.
>
> may be for some kind of files, for example not for this one:
>
> https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/UqrUsrguyIcombn
>
> this link should open a folder:
>
> https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/1KZqxyxqD6bXu5h
>
> this one as jpg
>
> https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/SELrIuYUpXzljjv
>
> folders are downloaded by zip is you choose download in "..." and by
> folder if you clic on "shared"
>
> jdd

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: download from link

Emil Lefherz

folders are always compressed to an archive when downloading - no browser I know can even download a folder. It would have to download the files one by one, and then move them into a folder hierarchy manually - first ist possible, but the second I have never seen implemented in a browser, so I don't think it is possible.

Why do you need the file unzipped? Don't you have an unzip software or do you want to build a script around the files?

Emil

Am 22.05.2017 um 07:53 schrieb mmad11:
[...]

You have 2 options: download an archive, or the files one by one.

Even if the browser would download the files one by one, he would just throw all of them in your Downloads folder.

The other option is to sync it with the ownCloud client. It also copies the files one by one and is built for your purposes; you would need access to an account at the ownCloud though. In ownCloud X you could also use a guest account for this :)

If you can't create a (guest) account, you will have to use the archive - I'm sorry that the browser's download function rarely makes 100 GB, but there is no other way with browsers. I suggest you use the ownCloud client.

Good luck,
Emil

Le 22/05/2017 à 10:33, mmad11 a écrit :
> If the folder 100Gb and the files in it are 10000 then it is very
> difficult to download one archive and it is very difficult to save one
> file at a time.

I don't see why it should be more difficult to download an archive than
the folder? the first may be significantly smaller

but:

* if owncloud makes the zip file on the fly, then yes, *preparing* the
archive may be time consuming for the server

* I think wget is able to download a folder (even an entire web site),
providing it's http (and not https? not sure of that)

* I don't think any cloud is aimed to hold Gb+ files. Best use ftp.

last year I has my own (big) server, I could have uploaded several Gb
files, now I use shared hosting and my web site provider (that gives me
500Gb + storage) wont allow me to share a 100 Gb file and my cloud
provider (owndrive) could certainly do but for a very high price :-(

jdd