external page ajax call

Michée Lengronne
This post was updated on .
From a double formation of IT project engineer and manager, I have a specialty in IT security and opensource world.

Re: external page ajax call

Roman Geber
On 07/04/2013 06:52 PM, michee.lengronne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to call an external page in owncloud via a jquery ajax call.

You can't call an external page through ajax. For security reasons you
can only make requests to the same server the original page is coming from.

You might be able to do it through an iFrame.

Check out this links for more information:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4613310/how-to-call-external-url-in-jquery

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/382662/what-are-the-differences-between-using-an-iframe-and-ajax-to-include-the-content

Hope that helps.

cu
Roman

--
Roman Geber
Linux Consultant

B1 Systems GmbH

Re: external page ajax call

Philip Taffner
That's not true anymore.

You can always use JSONP, but modern browsers support cross-domain http
requests.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/HTTP/Access_control_CORS
https://github.com/pazguille/jquery.cors

Search for "CORS".

Am 04.07.2013 20:15, schrieb Roman Geber:

> On 07/04/2013 06:52 PM, michee.lengronne wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I try to call an external page in owncloud via a jquery ajax call.
>
> You can't call an external page through ajax. For security reasons you
> can only make requests to the same server the original page is coming from.
>
> You might be able to do it through an iFrame.
>
> Check out this links for more information:
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4613310/how-to-call-external-url-in-jquery
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/382662/what-are-the-differences-between-using-an-iframe-and-ajax-to-include-the-content
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> cu