external sabredav

Michée Lengronne
This post was updated on .
From a double formation of IT project engineer and manager, I have a specialty in IT security and opensource world.

Re: external sabredav

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz)
On Friday 19 July 2013 11:01:25 Michée Lengronne wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am really interested having the possibility to use an external
> sabredav server for webdav/caldav/carddav. I have a sabredav in a
> dedicated server which is above 1.8 version.
>
> I want to use that one instead of the one shipped in owncloud. I did a
> quick benchmarking between both and the dedicated one is hell faster.
>
> I would like to know where to find the classes and methods used by
> owncloud to connect to sabredav.

SabreDAV is in the 3rdparty repo on github, on an install in
/path/to/owncloud/3rdparty/Sabre

Wild guess: You may try to symlink this to you Sabre, but that's all on your
own risk. If something is gonna not work as it should, blame this.

There are also ownCloud specific Connectors in ownCloud core (and iirc apps).
No idea about the compatibility, but there shan't be changed anything. See
above.

Cheers
Arthur

> I din't find any class diagramm in OC dev which takes in account the
> classes shipped in the core.
>
> Please, can you help me ?

Re: external sabredav

Michée Lengronne
This post was updated on .
From a double formation of IT project engineer and manager, I have a specialty in IT security and opensource world.

Re: external sabredav

Jakob Sack-2
Am 19.07.2013 11:29, schrieb Michée Lengronne:

> Le 19/07/13 11:19, Arthur Schiwon a écrit :
>
>> On Friday 19 July 2013 11:01:25 Michée Lengronne wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am really interested having the possibility to use an external
>>> sabredav server for webdav/caldav/carddav. I have a sabredav in a
>>> dedicated server which is above 1.8 version.
>>>
>>> I want to use that one instead of the one shipped in owncloud. I
>>> did a
>>> quick benchmarking between both and the dedicated one is hell
>>> faster.
>>>
>>> I would like to know where to find the classes and methods used by
>>> owncloud to connect to sabredav.
>>
>> SabreDAV is in the 3rdparty repo on github, on an install in
>> /path/to/owncloud/3rdparty/Sabre
>>
>> Wild guess: You may try to symlink this to you Sabre, but that's all
>> on your
>> own risk. If something is gonna not work as it should, blame this.
>
>  That's a very wild guess indeed. But I know without doing it, it
> won't work because the functions call structures changed between
> sabredav 1.7 and sabredav 1.8.
>
>> There are also ownCloud specific Connectors in ownCloud core (and
>> iirc apps).
>> No idea about the compatibility, but there shan't be changed
>> anything. See
>> above.
>
>  I am effectively more interrested by refactoring the OC connectors
> sabredav but I don't know where they all are and what are the
> dependencies because I didn't see any diagramm which explains the
> core
> structure.

Connector for webdav: core:/lib/connector/sabre

Connector for caldav: calendar:/lib/sabre

Connector for carddav: contacts:/lib/carddav

I hope I didn't miss one.

Best, Jakob

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:[hidden email]

Re: external sabredav

Thomas Müller

Am Freitag, dem 19.07.2013 um 11:19 schrieb Arthur Schiwon:

> On Friday 19 July 2013 11:01:25 Michée Lengronne wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am really interested having the possibility to use an external
> > sabredav server for webdav/caldav/carddav. I have a sabredav in a
> > dedicated server which is above 1.8 version.
> >
> > I want to use that one instead of the one shipped in owncloud. I did a
> > quick benchmarking between both and the dedicated one is hell faster.
> >
> > I would like to know where to find the classes and methods used by
> > owncloud to connect to sabredav.
>
> SabreDAV is in the 3rdparty repo on github, on an install in
> /path/to/owncloud/3rdparty/Sabre
>
> Wild guess: You may try to symlink this to you Sabre, but that's all on your
> own risk. If something is gonna not work as it should, blame this.

A simple drop-in will not work because the namespaces/class names have been changed from 1.7 to 1.8