help needed to build Mac client

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
42 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
Hey all,

I recently succeeded in building the Linux and the Windows clients. It's the building of the Mac client giving me errors.

Here's the result of 'cmake'-ing the ocsync: http://pastebin.com/cdzLPqEc
See the lines 22-24.

And this is the result after 'make' : http://pastebin.com/SczU4LH2
See the error at line 95. It can't find 'neon/ne_session.h'.

When building mirall I get:

Could NOT find INOTIFY (missing:  INOTIFY_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Sphinx (missing:  SPHINX_EXECUTABLE)
-- Found PdfLatex: /opt/local/bin/pdflatex  
-- Could NOT find QtKeyChain (missing:  QTKEYCHAIN_LIBRARY QTKEYCHAIN_INCLUDE_DIR)

It's the last line on QtKeyChain giving the big fail I guess.

Well anyway: Could someone help me out please?

Koen




_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

Klaas Freitag-3
On 12.05.2013 21:34, Koen Willems wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I recently succeeded in building the Linux and the Windows clients. It's the building of the Mac client giving me errors.
>
> Here's the result of 'cmake'-ing the ocsync: http://pastebin.com/cdzLPqEc
> See the lines 22-24.
>
> And this is the result after 'make' : http://pastebin.com/SczU4LH2
> See the error at line 95. It can't find 'neon/ne_session.h'.
>

Please refer to http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.2/building.html#mac-os-x

Klaas

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
Hi Klaas,

Thanx for reacting so quick.
I was refering to that page.

After cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug" ../ocsync i get this result: http://pastebin.com/cdzLPqEc

And after 'make' this: http://pastebin.com/SczU4LH2

Guess it's something with the dependencies, but I don;t know what.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm
imho its looking for libneon, should be available via macports/ compile from source.



On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Klaas,

Thanx for reacting so quick.
I was refering to that page.

After cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug" ../ocsync i get this result:
http://pastebin.com/cdzLPqEc

And after 'make' this: http://pastebin.com/SczU4LH2

Guess it's something with the dependencies, but I don;t know what.




--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9224.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
As far as I can see Macports has no port for libneon, just neon, which I've already installed.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
In reply to this post by jiun bookworm
Hi Jiun,

I've found your post two months ago. You had an error with 'Looking for argp.h - not found'.
Did you solve that one? Happy to know

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm
yup i did solve it.
i installed argp-standalone i believe, but its been a while so i cant recall accurately off-head.



On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jiun,

I've found your post two months ago. You had an error with 'Looking for
argp.h - not found'.
Did you solve that one? Happy to know





--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9227.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
Unfortunatly, installing argp-standalone does not prevent the fail 'Looking for argp.h - not found'
Are you sure it was argp-standalone?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
The problems still occur.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm
should be.
from my terminal history looks like i installed it from macports, uninstalled then installed it from brew.
its argp-standalone i believe.




On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
The problems still occur.
Any help will be much appreciated.



--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9295.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
Thanx ... that did the trick with argp !

Unfortunatly other errors still occur, like:

Looking for nanosleep in rt - not found
Looking for clock_gettime in rt - not found
fatal error: 'neon/ne_session.h' file not found


Well to put it frankly: since you succeeded in building the Mac client I'm very very very interested in your terminal history :-)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm
neon issues,
i met that one too, i think i may have compiled neon from source,  aside from installing via  ports.
im not near my mac machine, so maybe tommorrow when i get to it, i look at the terminal history.



On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanx ... that did the trick with argp !

Unfortunatly other errors still occur, like:

/Looking for nanosleep in rt - not found
Looking for clock_gettime in rt - not found
fatal error: 'neon/ne_session.h' file not found/

Well to put it frankly: since you succeeded in building the Mac client I'm
very very very interested in your terminal history :-)



--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9300.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
That worked!!!
I've compiled neon from source and now I'm getting a .dmg
I'm getting there step by step.

Next issue is 'qtkeychain'.
Do you have any suggestions to properly install that one?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm
checkout the code from github, compile it, install it i think,  probably Daniel Molkentin answered my question on this, check  one of my old email exchanges on the forum you mentioned, the answer should be in one of them, unfortunately my inbox is full of similar stuff so i cant find it.


On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
That worked!!!
I've compiled neon from source and now I'm getting a .dmg
I'm getting there step by step.

Next issue is 'qtkeychain'.
Do you have any suggestions to properly install that one?



--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9317.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm
qtkeychain should have a repo on github associated with owncloud that is.
( anyone out there care to give the official link?).


On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM, jiun bookworm <[hidden email]> wrote:
checkout the code from github, compile it, install it i think,  probably Daniel Molkentin answered my question on this, check  one of my old email exchanges on the forum you mentioned, the answer should be in one of them, unfortunately my inbox is full of similar stuff so i cant find it.


On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
That worked!!!
I've compiled neon from source and now I'm getting a .dmg
I'm getting there step by step.

Next issue is 'qtkeychain'.
Do you have any suggestions to properly install that one?



--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9317.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud



_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

Klaas Freitag-3
On 16.05.2013 21:52, jiun bookworm wrote:
> qtkeychain should have a repo on github associated with owncloud that is.
> ( anyone out there care to give the official link?).

We use this one:
https://github.com/frankosterfeld/qtkeychain

You could also use brew on Mac AFAIK.

Btw, the argp problem is none, argp is not really needed to build
ocsync. I thought I had disabled  the check, but it seems not. I will
check that again.

regards,

Klaas

>
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM, jiun bookworm <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> checkout the code from github, compile it, install it i think,  probably
>> Daniel Molkentin answered my question on this, check  one of my old email
>> exchanges on the forum you mentioned, the answer should be in one of them,
>> unfortunately my inbox is full of similar stuff so i cant find it.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM, kwillems <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> That worked!!!
>>> I've compiled neon from source and now I'm getting a .dmg
>>> I'm getting there step by step.
>>>
>>> Next issue is 'qtkeychain'.
>>> Do you have any suggestions to properly install that one?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9317.html
>>> Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Owncloud mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
>

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
I'll give the qtkeychain a try, thanx.

BTW: what about these ones (see my opening post):
-- Looking for nanosleep in rt - not found
-- Looking for clock_gettime in rt - not found
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
Well I've installed qtkeychain, but I still get errors
Although it makes me feel stupid ... could you give an example on this qtkeychain ?

These are the errors I'm recieving now:
-- Could NOT find INOTIFY (missing:  INOTIFY_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Sphinx (missing:  SPHINX_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find QtKeyChain (missing:  QTKEYCHAIN_LIBRARY QTKEYCHAIN_INCLUDE_DIR)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

jiun bookworm



-- Could NOT find Sphinx (missing:  SPHINX_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find QtKeyChain (missing:  QTKEYCHAIN_LIBRARY
QTKEYCHAIN_INCLUDE_DIR)


this means that it cant find the qtkeychain you just installed, if you installed qtkeychain from source  remove it and install it from  brew/ports as Klaas suggested.

 
--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/help-needed-to-build-Mac-client-tp9221p9340.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help needed to build Mac client

kwillems
As far as I can see it can't be installed via Macports or Homebrew.
I tried ... sudo port install qtkeychain and brew install qtkeychain. The can't find it.
123