.hhtaccess after rpm update overwritten

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator
Hi,

we test ownclound since 7.0 and starting with 7.0.2 we did a couple of
adjustments like upload size.

There was a small 7.0.2 rpm update and recently the 7.0.3-13.1 we
installed and we noticed, that the /var/www/html/owncloud/.htaccess file
gets overwritten each time.

This should not happen, or what is the "right"/better place for user
defined settings?

We could modify the php.ini, but which sense dose the htaccess php_value
upload_max_filesize xxx than makes?

Thanks for feedback and suggestions. Regards . Götz Reinicke

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail [hidden email]

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: .hhtaccess after rpm update overwritten

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz)
On Monday 24 November 2014 17:12:25 Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we test ownclound since 7.0 and starting with 7.0.2 we did a couple of
> adjustments like upload size.
>
> There was a small 7.0.2 rpm update and recently the 7.0.3-13.1 we
> installed and we noticed, that the /var/www/html/owncloud/.htaccess file
> gets overwritten each time.
>
> This should not happen, or what is the "right"/better place for user
> defined settings?
It is common that those files are overwritten, although I guess in this case it
was done by user management.

> We could modify the php.ini, but which sense dose the htaccess php_value
> upload_max_filesize xxx than makes?

For user defined value the .htaccess is more a work around, in case you don't
have access to the php.ini or a Virtual Host configuration. You set the value
preferably there.

Cheers
Arthur

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

XMPP: [hidden email]

Re: .hhtaccess after rpm update overwritten

Chris-3

Am 24.11.14 um 17:22 schrieb Arthur Schiwon:

> On Monday 24 November 2014 17:12:25 Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we test ownclound since 7.0 and starting with 7.0.2 we did a couple of
>> adjustments like upload size.
>>
>> There was a small 7.0.2 rpm update and recently the 7.0.3-13.1 we
>> installed and we noticed, that the /var/www/html/owncloud/.htaccess file
>> gets overwritten each time.
>>
>> This should not happen, or what is the "right"/better place for user
>> defined settings?
>
> It is common that those files are overwritten, although I guess in this case it
> was done by user management.
isn't it common nowadays to not overwrite user modified files or do a
backup at least ... like .rpmnew / .rpmold

        my2cents. cheers . Götz