[kde-promo] Potential KDE Submission: Privacy Implications of Cloud Computing

[kde-promo] Potential KDE Submission: Privacy Implications of Cloud Computing

Jos Poortvliet
On Tuesday 30 March 2010 23:06:10 Vivek Prakash wrote:

> Hello KDE-Promo,
>
> I had previously discussed a potential KDE submission to the Canadian
> Privacy Commissioner on the privacy implications of cloud computing. (see
> http://www.priv.gc.ca/media/nr-c/2010/nr-c_100211_e.cfm for more info.)
> The submission would be due by April 15.
>
> A draft of the document is now available at:
>
> https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVhX3uTig4GnZGhyZjk2cWZfMTlnNHI1NXZjbQ&h
> l=en
>
> Your comments, suggestions, and criticisms are appreciated.
>
> Vivek

I'm adding owncloud in here, as they might be interested and of course there's
expertise there ;-)

Vivek, if there's no response in a week, ping, I can blog about it.
[kde-promo] Potential KDE Submission: Privacy Implications of Cloud Computing

Vivek Prakash

> On Tuesday 30 March 2010 23:06:10 Vivek Prakash wrote:
> > Hello KDE-Promo,
> >
> > I had previously discussed a potential KDE submission to the Canadian
> > Privacy Commissioner on the privacy implications of cloud computing. (see
> > http://www.priv.gc.ca/media/nr-c/2010/nr-c_100211_e.cfm for more info.)
> > The submission would be due by April 15.
> >
> > A draft of the document is now available at:
> >

> https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVhX3uTig4GnZGhyZjk2cWZfMTlnNHI1NXZjbQ&h
> > l=en
> >
> > Your comments, suggestions, and criticisms are appreciated.
> >
> > Vivek
>
> I'm adding owncloud in here, as they might be interested and of course
> there's
> expertise there ;-)
>
> Vivek, if there's no response in a week, ping, I can blog about it.

Hi Jos,

Not much response yet.  I'll work on the submission tonight and get it in
shape to send off.  It's due tomorrow (April 15).

Once again, do we need any form of KDE eV/KDE legal approval before sending
it off?

As I stated earlier, I'm happy to send it off - I can CC KDE-promo and
owncloud.

Vivek

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Vivek Prakash <vivek.ap at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Tuesday 30 March 2010 23:06:10 Vivek Prakash wrote:
>> > Hello KDE-Promo,
>> >
>> > I had previously discussed a potential KDE submission to the Canadian
>> > Privacy Commissioner on the privacy implications of cloud computing.
>> > (see
>> > http://www.priv.gc.ca/media/nr-c/2010/nr-c_100211_e.cfm for more info.)
>> > The submission would be due by April 15.
>> >
>> > A draft of the document is now available at:
>> >

>> > https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVhX3uTig4GnZGhyZjk2cWZfMTlnNHI1NXZjbQ&h
>> > l=en
>> >
>> > Your comments, suggestions, and criticisms are appreciated.
>> >
>> > Vivek
>>
>> I'm adding owncloud in here, as they might be interested and of course
>> there's
>> expertise there ;-)
>>
>> Vivek, if there's no response in a week, ping, I can blog about it.
>
> Hi Jos,
>
> Not much response yet.? I'll work on the submission tonight and get it in
> shape to send off.? It's due tomorrow (April 15).
>
> Once again, do we need any form of KDE eV/KDE legal approval before sending
> it off?

Please send it to me asap (even if it's draft) and I'll solicit input on kde-ev.

> As I stated earlier, I'm happy to send it off - I can CC KDE-promo and
> owncloud.

Thanks for the work on this!