ldap for contacts?

Brian J. Murrell
When searching for information on whether owncloud 6 can pull/store
contact from an LDAP server I seem to have a hard time finding anything.
Maybe it's because it's a needle in the haystack of using LDAP for user
authentication.

So to be clear, I'm not looking for information on how to use LDAP to
authenticate users to OC, but rather how to use LDAP as the storage for
my users contacts.

Is this possible in OC 6?  If so, where's the best doc on configuring
it?

Cheers,
b.

Re: ldap for contacts?

Richard Burns
Very hard to work with.
I made a group I want to use for authentication but can't find it amongst the 1000s if groups.

Richard Burns

> On 19 Apr 2014, at 02:15, "Brian J. Murrell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When searching for information on whether owncloud 6 can pull/store
> contact from an LDAP server I seem to have a hard time finding anything.
> Maybe it's because it's a needle in the haystack of using LDAP for user
> authentication.
>
> So to be clear, I'm not looking for information on how to use LDAP to
> authenticate users to OC, but rather how to use LDAP as the storage for
> my users contacts.
>
> Is this possible in OC 6?  If so, where's the best doc on configuring
> it?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

Re: ldap for contacts?

Chris-3

Re: ldap for contacts?

Tornóci László
On 04/19/2014 03:15 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> When searching for information on whether owncloud 6 can pull/store
> contact from an LDAP server I seem to have a hard time finding anything.
> Maybe it's because it's a needle in the haystack of using LDAP for user
> authentication.
>
> So to be clear, I'm not looking for information on how to use LDAP to
> authenticate users to OC, but rather how to use LDAP as the storage for
> my users contacts.
>
> Is this possible in OC 6?  If so, where's the best doc on configuring
> it?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

I don't know the current status, but there are certainly plans to do
this, see e.g.:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2013-January/007302.html

                                        Yours: Laszlo

Re: ldap for contacts?

Thomas Tanghus
On Friday 18 April 2014 21:15 Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> So to be clear, I'm not looking for information on how to use LDAP to
> authenticate users to OC, but rather how to use LDAP as the storage for
> my users contacts.

Nicolas Mora is working on an LDAP backend for the contacts app[1].

http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/devel/2014-April/000127.html

I assume that's what you mean?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus

Re: ldap for contacts?

Nicolas Mora
Thanks Thomas,

Indeed I am Brian, and I'm looking for beta testers to help me.

Would you like to participante ?