Quantcast

(no subject)

Hermann J Beckers
During an update of an old 7.x instance I run into the error: "Could not automatically
fix legacy storage "local:: ..." . According to error reports on the web I corrected this by
removing the duplicate "local::/srv/www..." entries in "oc_storages". But after that all
local shares are gone.

In "oc_storages" there is now only one "local" entry "local::/srv/www/htdocs/owncloud/data/".
Thats where the data still resides. All other "oc-_storages" entries are of the form
"home::<username>".  Or should/must  I delete the last "local::/" entry as well?

Is there a way to recover the share entries? Or do I have to reenter them? I still have a
mysql dump ot the old definitions.

Yours
Hermann-Josef Beckers

Re: (no subject)

Vincent Petry

Hello,

If the shares are gone it means you deleted the wrong entry.

Usually only one of the "local::" or "home::" has the shares, you need to figure out which to keep.

If you only delete the oc_storages entry you should be able to find the old "numeric_id" from your old SQL dump.
Then change the "numeric_id" in oc_storages of the "home::" entry to be the same as the one from the old SQL dump. This will rewirte "home::" to use the oc_filecache entries that have shares associated.

Quick hint about joining in case you need it: select * from oc_storages s, oc_filecache fc where s.numeric_id = fc.storage

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vincent

On 21.03.2017 14:30, [hidden email] wrote:
[...]

Re: correction of oc_storage entries

Hermann J Beckers

[hidden email] schrieb am 21.03.2017 15:14:22:

Thank you for your prompt response.

> Hello,
> If the shares are gone it means you deleted the wrong entry.
> Usually only one of the "local::" or "home::" has the shares, you
> need to figure out which to keep.

Would it be possible to substitute every "home::<username>" with the
corresponding "local::/path/to/data..." ?.

> If you only delete the oc_storages entry you should be able to find
> the old "numeric_id" from your old SQL dump.
> Then change the "numeric_id" in oc_storages of the "home::" entry to
> be the same as the one from the old SQL dump. This will rewirte
> "home::" to use the oc_filecache entries that have shares associated.

I did a "occ files:cleanup" after correcting the "local::" entries.

> Quick hint about joining in case you need it: select * from
> oc_storages s, oc_filecache fc where s.numeric_id = fc.storage

This select shows 90698 rows? A "find . -name "*" | wc" in the
<data> directory gives 45306 entries.

> Hope this helps.
> Cheers,
> Vincent

Re: correction of oc_storage entries

Vincent Petry
Hi,

> Would it be possible to substitute every "home::<username>" with the
> corresponding "local::/path/to/data..." ?.
Yes but it's better to change numeric_id instead.
Please keep in mind that "home::$userId" is the new and correct id
format and the old one isn't and will be deprecated in the future.
The migration code that failed for you is what converts the "local::"
format to "home::".

>> If you only delete the oc_storages entry you should be able to find
>> the old "numeric_id" from your old SQL dump.
>> Then change the "numeric_id" in oc_storages of the "home::" entry to
>> be the same as the one from the old SQL dump. This will rewirte
>> "home::" to use the oc_filecache entries that have shares associated.
> I did a "occ files:cleanup" after correcting the "local::" entries.
>
>> Quick hint about joining in case you need it: select * from
>> oc_storages s, oc_filecache fc where s.numeric_id = fc.storage
>
> This select shows 90698 rows? A "find . -name "*" | wc" in the
> <data> directory gives 45306 entries.
This is just a hint in case you want to look at your data (add WHERE
statements where needed), no need to type it in directly.

Cheers,

Vincent