own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)

Jakub Moscicki
Hello,

This is an issue that I have had several times over past weeks: on MacOSX laptop the client (1.3.0) gets stuck after some time - last sync time is reported to be more than 24 hours ago. My laptop gets to sleep quite often (closed lid) and changes wifi networks at least twice a day. I would assume this it the primary reason and the process is sync interrupted and the client eventually confused.

As a side effect the client does not really quit - the tray icon disappears but the process is hanging around consuming now 100% CPU:

>pgrep -lf owncloud

94440 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/MacOS/owncloud -psn_0_96922729

I have restarted the client to get the logfiles which I will be reporting later.

In the meantime I would like to know if anyone has similar issues or maybe the problem is solved already in 1.4.0 ?

kuba

--

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)

Jakub Moscicki
Hello,

This is the followup about long running MacOSX client problem.

I managed to capture the logfile - my MacOSX client has been now stuck since Aug 28. During that time I was mainly offline and several times over shaky and unreliable wireless connections closing the lid several times a day and switching networks.

The current symptom is: the client process is alive but not syncing.
Mirall 1.3.0 reports last sync 8569 minutes ago. The icon in the tray is available and functional.

>pgrep -lf owncloud
10956 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/MacOS/owncloud -psn_0_143038561

Below are the detailes. I have two sync folders which are setup: one ~/ownCloud is my main folder, the other ~/box/doc is a folder shared by another user.

The relevant excerpt of the last log file produced by the client on Aug 28.

Remarks:
   - it seems that the client did not properly recovered from a Network Error 99 (Timeout)
   - this triggers tons of (possibly unhandled or stacked) callbacks from the FolderWatcher
   - eventually on 04 September mirall decides to shutdown (however, the process stays around and the icon in the system tray as well -> so something is wrong here too).

Let me know if there is more input to be provided that could be useful to hunt this bug.

kuba

--

….
08-29 07:35:15:157 csync_ftw: Uniq ID from Database: webdav2.txt -> 52187c5125e89
08-29 07:35:15:157 csync_walker: file: /Users/moscicki/ownCloud/webdav2.txt
08-29 07:35:15:157 _csync_detect_update: ==> file: webdav2.txt - hash 16676229649074815153, mtime: 1368184621
08-29 07:35:15:157 _csync_detect_update: Database entry found, compare: 1368184621 <-> 1368184621, md5: 52187c5125e89 <-> 52187c5125e89
08-29 07:35:15:157 _csync_detect_update: file: webdav2.txt, instruction: INSTRUCTION_NONE <<=
08-29 07:35:15:157 csync_ftw:  <= Closing walk for /Users/moscicki/ownCloud with read_from_db 0
08-29 07:35:15:157 csync_update: Update detection for local replica took 1.32 seconds walking 4758 files.
08-29 07:35:15:157 csync_ftw:   => Starting to ftw ownclouds://box.cern.ch/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/clientsync, read_from_db-Flag for: 0
08-29 07:35:15:157 csync_ftw: Checking for read from db for ownclouds://box.cern.ch/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/clientsync: 0
08-29 07:35:15:157 oc_module: opendir method called on ownclouds://box.cern.ch/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/clientsync
08-29 07:35:15:157 oc_module: * scheme ownclouds
08-29 07:35:15:157 oc_module: * host box.cern.ch
08-29 07:35:15:157 oc_module: * port 0
08-29 07:35:15:157 oc_module: * path /owncloud/remote.php/webdav/clientsync
08-29 07:35:15:157 oc_module: * user
08-29 07:35:15:158 oc_module: ne_sock_init: 0
08-29 07:35:15:158 oc_module: No proxy configured.
08-29 07:35:15:761 oc_module: Call the csync callback for SSL problems
08-29 07:35:15:761 SSL Fingerprint from neon:  "fc:91:73:a8:7d:86:c7:0e:c3:06:c7:5c:19:25:bd:37:06:00:0b:e1"  compared to verified:  "fc:91:73:a8:7d:86:c7:0e:c3:06:c7:5c:19:25:
bd:37:06:00:0b:e1"
08-29 07:35:15:761 oc_module: ## VERIFY_SSL CERT: 0
08-29 07:35:16:439 oc_module: Authentication required
08-29 07:35:16:439 oc_module: Call the csync callback for ownCloud
08-29 10:50:15:603 ownCloudInfo Network Error 99 : "Operation timed out"
08-29 10:50:15:659 status.php returns:  ""   99  Reply:  QNetworkReplyImpl(0x10b506f90)
08-29 10:50:15:661 No proper answer on  "https://box.cern.ch/owncloud/status.php"
08-31 14:50:54:186 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:00:546 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:00:684 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:00:716 * Pending events for "/Users/moscicki/box/doc" will be processed after events stop for 1000 milliseconds ( "18:28:40" ). 1 events until now )
09-01 18:12:00:723 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
….
tons of "FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X"
….
09-01 18:12:02:069 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:03:071 * Processing of event queue for "/Users/moscicki/box/doc"
09-01 18:12:03:072   * Notify 1 change items for "/Users/moscicki/box/doc"
09-01 18:12:03:073 ** Changed was notified on  ("/Users/moscicki/box/doc")
09-01 18:12:03:074 *  "box/doc " Poll timer disabled
09-01 18:12:03:075 Schedule folder  "box/doc "  to sync!
09-01 18:12:03:075  II> Sync for folder  "box/doc "  already scheduled, do not enqueue!
09-01 18:12:03:075 Currently folder  "ownCloud"  is running, wait for finish!
09-01 18:12:04:100 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:101 * Pending events for "/Users/moscicki/box/doc" will be processed after events stop for 1000 milliseconds ( "18:28:44" ). 1 events until now )
09-01 18:12:04:102 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:102 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X

tons of "FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X"

9-01 18:12:04:884 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:892 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:892 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:905 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:905 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:926 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:04:926 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-01 18:12:05:926 * Processing of event queue for "/Users/moscicki/box/doc"
09-01 18:12:05:926   * Notify 1 change items for "/Users/moscicki/box/doc"
09-01 18:12:05:927 ** Changed was notified on  ("/Users/moscicki/box/doc")
09-01 18:12:05:927 *  "box/doc " Poll timer disabled
09-01 18:12:05:927 Schedule folder  "box/doc "  to sync!
09-01 18:12:05:927  II> Sync for folder  "box/doc "  already scheduled, do not enqueue!
09-01 18:12:05:927 Currently folder  "ownCloud"  is running, wait for finish!
09-03 09:04:41:647 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-04 18:07:11:465 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-04 18:07:11:616 FolderWatcherPrivate::callback by OS X
09-04 18:36:25:313 opening local url  "/Users/moscicki/box/doc/"
09-04 18:37:13:339 * Mirall shutdown




On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:40 AM, Jakub Moscicki <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is an issue that I have had several times over past weeks: on MacOSX laptop the client (1.3.0) gets stuck after some time - last sync time is reported to be more than 24 hours ago. My laptop gets to sleep quite often (closed lid) and changes wifi networks at least twice a day. I would assume this it the primary reason and the process is sync interrupted and the client eventually confused.
>
> As a side effect the client does not really quit - the tray icon disappears but the process is hanging around consuming now 100% CPU:
>
>> pgrep -lf owncloud
>
> 94440 /Applications/owncloud.app/Contents/MacOS/owncloud -psn_0_96922729
>
> I have restarted the client to get the logfiles which I will be reporting later.
>
> In the meantime I would like to know if anyone has similar issues or maybe the problem is solved already in 1.4.0 ?
>
> kuba
>
> --
>
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)

Chris-3
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Matthias
Hey group,

I have a question regarding the external storage app. Is the external
storage app suitable for the following situation:
I want to mount my music folder in owncloud. Otherwise I want to access
my musik folder with other applications like the windows media player.
Will this procedure result in trouble? Will owncloud get confused if
files get changed or locked by another application?

Thanks
Matthias
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Chris-3
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Matthias
Hi,

thank you. I see myself as a technically adept user but I didn't know
this before. And I don't see how to post new topics. According to:
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

I should post to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>. That is
what I did. I can do it in another way the next time (if I know how).
The point is, every new user will have the same problem.



======= Original message from =======
 > From: Chris <[hidden email]>
 > To : [hidden email]
 > Sent: 18.09.2013 16:54:42


> Hi,
>
> i can't help you with your current question but just
> a note to this and your former postings:
>
> Please try to not create a new question to the
> mailinglist as a reply to a mail from another topic.
> Doing this leads to a broken mailinglist threads like
> you can see here:
>
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2013-September/thread.html
>
> See here for more guidelines on how to post to mailinglists:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Starting_a_New_Subject
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/own-cloud-client-lags-behind-on-MacOSX-last-sync-log-time-ago-tp10513p10833.html
> Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Chris-3
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Matthias
Hi,

yes I used the reply function of my mail program. But after cleaning the
text and topic field, there is only the reciepient [hidden email]
left. I didn't know that there is still a difference to creating a new
mail. Why exactly is this different?


Am 18.09.2013 18:52, schrieb Chris:

> Hi,
>
> from my point of view it seems that you have used an existing
> mail from this mailinglist:
>
> own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)
>
> and have hit the "Reply" button in your mail program while inserting
> a new subject to the mail.
>
> But if you have used the "Write / Create new mail" in your mail program
> you could also have hit an bug in the mailinglist software.
>
> Maybe a mailinglist admin can say something about this?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/own-cloud-client-lags-behind-on-MacOSX-last-sync-log-time-ago-tp10513p10836.html
> Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Thomas Tanghus
On Wednesday 18 September 2013 19:09 Matthias wrote:
> Why exactly is this different?

The mail client inserts a header that references to the message answered:

In-Reply-To: <[hidden email]>

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz)
In reply to this post by Matthias
On Mi, 2013-09-18 at 19:09 +0200, Matthias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes I used the reply function of my mail program. But after cleaning the
> text and topic field, there is only the reciepient [hidden email]
> left. I didn't know that there is still a difference to creating a new
> mail. Why exactly is this different?

The Headers of the email you replied on are kept. I am not aware that
there is an email client that let's you remove them. I mean, why should
they? :)

So, new topic, new email to the mailing lists email address. In most
client you can simply click on the email address of an open email to
create a really new mail.

Cheers
Arthur

>
>
> Am 18.09.2013 18:52, schrieb Chris:
> > Hi,
> >
> > from my point of view it seems that you have used an existing
> > mail from this mailinglist:
> >
> > own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)
> >
> > and have hit the "Reply" button in your mail program while inserting
> > a new subject to the mail.
> >
> > But if you have used the "Write / Create new mail" in your mail program
> > you could also have hit an bug in the mailinglist software.
> >
> > Maybe a mailinglist admin can say something about this?
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/own-cloud-client-lags-behind-on-MacOSX-last-sync-log-time-ago-tp10513p10836.html
> > Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > _______________________________________________
> > Owncloud mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
>
> _______________________________________________
> Owncloud mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Diederik de Haas
In reply to this post by Matthias
On Wednesday 18 September 2013 19:09:11 Matthias wrote:
> I didn't know that there is still a difference to creating a new
> mail. Why exactly is this different?

A lot of mail programs don't show all the mail headers, but that doesn't mean
they aren't there.
In KMail you can see all the headers via "View" -> "Headers" -> "All Headers"
--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: own cloud client lags behind on MacOSX (last sync log time ago)

Jakub Moscicki
In reply to this post by Chris-3
Hi,

For those interested in tracking this problem, I've created a corresponding issue:


kuba

--

On Sep 18, 2013, at 12:44 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

its better to post such reports / bugs directly to the
bugtracker:

https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues

where it is easier for the devs to track this



--
View this message in context: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/own-cloud-client-lags-behind-on-MacOSX-last-sync-log-time-ago-tp10513p10830.html
Sent from the ownCloud mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud


_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: use external storage with owncloud and other programs

Matthias
In reply to this post by Diederik de Haas
Ah, interesting, I didn't know that. I will create a new mail for a new
topic in the future. But this might really be a problem for a lot of new
users of the mailing list I think.
After clarifying this, the primary topic was lost...

I have a question regarding the external storage app. Is the external
storage app suitable for the following situation:
I want to mount my music folder in owncloud. Otherwise I want to access
my musik folder with other applications like the windows media player.
Will this procedure result in trouble? Will owncloud get confused if
files get changed or locked by another application?
_______________________________________________
Owncloud mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/owncloud