ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Frank Karlitschek
Hi friends,

as discussed earlier I releases 1.1 RC1 5 minutes ago. Grab it from http://owncloud.org

Thanks to everybody who contributed. I think 1.1 will be a fantastic release. :-)
Please test and search for showtoppers.
I plan to release 1.1 final next week if we find no major problems.

One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the Wiki so that we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next week. Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?

We also need someone to write the announcement. I?m not the best english writer.
Does somebody volunteer? :-)

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Albert Cervera i Areny
Thanks for the release. Just found an issue. Try to logout and then login
again. It's not possible unless you change URL's path.

A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:

> Hi friends,
>
> as discussed earlier I releases 1.1 RC1 5 minutes ago. Grab it from
> http://owncloud.org
>
> Thanks to everybody who contributed. I think 1.1 will be a fantastic
> release. :-) Please test and search for showtoppers.
> I plan to release 1.1 final next week if we find no major problems.
>
> One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the
> Wiki so that we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next
> week. Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?
>
> We also need someone to write the announcement. I?m not the best english
> writer. Does somebody volunteer? :-)
>
> Cheers
> Frank
>

> --
> Frank Karlitschek
> karlitschek at kde.org

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com
OpenERP Partners
Tel: +34 937 253 707

http://twitter.com/albertnan
http://albert-nan.blogspot.com
http://angel-nan.blogspot.com

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

pascal_dher

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
2010/10/29 Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org>:
> One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the Wiki so that
> we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next week.
> Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?

I've created the page on the wiki with the RC download link [1]. It's
just a draft, everyone should see
the list of changes and complete it.
I've also changed a little the main page, there is a link to the
ownCloud 1.1 release page,
hope you don't mind, BTW you can easily revert things.

[1]: http://owncloud.org/index.php/OwnCloud_1.1

> We also need someone to write the announcement.

I think make a list of changes is a good point to start for the
release announcment

--
Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
-.. --- -. .----. - / .--. .- -. .. -.-.

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

pascal_dher

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Frank Karlitschek

On 30.10.2010, at 12:29, Aldo xoen Giambelluca wrote:

> 2010/10/29 Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org>:
>> One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the Wiki so that
>> we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next week.
>> Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?
>
> I've created the page on the wiki with the RC download link [1]. It's
> just a draft, everyone should see
> the list of changes and complete it.
> I've also changed a little the main page, there is a link to the
> ownCloud 1.1 release page,
> hope you don't mind, BTW you can easily revert things.
>
> [1]: http://owncloud.org/index.php/OwnCloud_1.1
>

>> We also need someone to write the announcement.
>
> I think make a list of changes is a good point to start for the
> release announcment

Very cool.
Thanks

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Albert Cervera i Areny
A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Albert Cervera i Areny va escriure:
> Thanks for the release. Just found an issue. Try to logout and then login
> again. It's not possible unless you change URL's path.

I found another issue:
it's possible to create two folders with the same name without an error, even
if only one folder is created. Also the text of 'create folder' action is kept
after the folder is created and should be cleared IMHO.

> A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > as discussed earlier I releases 1.1 RC1 5 minutes ago. Grab it from
> > http://owncloud.org
> >
> > Thanks to everybody who contributed. I think 1.1 will be a fantastic
> > release. :-) Please test and search for showtoppers.
> > I plan to release 1.1 final next week if we find no major problems.
> >
> > One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the
> > Wiki so that we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next
> > week. Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?
> >
> > We also need someone to write the announcement. I?m not the best english
> > writer. Does somebody volunteer? :-)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Frank
> >

> > --
> > Frank Karlitschek
> > karlitschek at kde.org

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com
OpenERP Partners
Tel: +34 937 253 707

http://twitter.com/albertnan
http://albert-nan.blogspot.com
http://angel-nan.blogspot.com

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

kees
On Thursday 04 November 2010 16:38:12 Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Albert Cervera i Areny va escriure:
> > Thanks for the release. Just found an issue. Try to logout and then login
> > again. It's not possible unless you change URL's path.
>
> I found another issue:
> it's possible to create two folders with the same name without an error,
> even if only one folder is created.

The ajax interface doesn't do any error checking, but the creation of the new
folder will just fail. The same thing happens when uploading 2 files with the
same name to the same folder, the second one won't be placed.

> Also the text of 'create folder'
> action is kept after the folder is created and should be cleared IMHO.
>
> > A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:
> > > Hi friends,
> > >
> > > as discussed earlier I releases 1.1 RC1 5 minutes ago. Grab it from
> > > http://owncloud.org
> > >
> > > Thanks to everybody who contributed. I think 1.1 will be a fantastic
> > > release. :-) Please test and search for showtoppers.
> > > I plan to release 1.1 final next week if we find no major problems.
> > >
> > > One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the
> > > Wiki so that we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next
> > > week. Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?
> > >
> > > We also need someone to write the announcement. I?m not the best
> > > english writer. Does somebody volunteer? :-)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Frank
> > >

> > > --
> > > Frank Karlitschek
> > > karlitschek at kde.org

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

François K.

I've also notice something wrong with my ownCloud setup.
I don't really know if it's revelant or not, and I didn't have the time to check everything for now, but, when I upload a file, and then refresh the page, the 'Files' space doesn't show up. Firefox's error console shows the following :

Error: invalid regular expression flag u
Source File: http://www.kubler.org/owncloud/js/lib_files.js
Line: 45, Column: 132
Source Code:

As I said, the cause might be my setup (I don't host the server myself, so there might be restrictions).

I still hope it can help :)

--
Fran?ois

Envoy?: Jeudi 4 Novembre 2010 19h34:05 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome / Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: [Owncloud] Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

On Thursday 04 November 2010 16:38:12 Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Albert Cervera i Areny va escriure:
> > Thanks for the release. Just found an issue. Try to logout and then login
> > again. It's not possible unless you change URL's path.
>
> I found another issue:
> it's possible to create two folders with the same name without an error,
> even if only one folder is created.

The ajax interface doesn't do any error checking, but the creation of the new
folder will just fail. The same thing happens when uploading 2 files with the
same name to the same folder, the second one won't be placed.

> Also the text of 'create folder'
> action is kept after the folder is created and should be cleared IMHO.
>
> > A Divendres, 29 d'octubre de 2010, Frank Karlitschek va escriure:
> > > Hi friends,
> > >
> > > as discussed earlier I releases 1.1 RC1 5 minutes ago. Grab it from
> > > http://owncloud.org
> > >
> > > Thanks to everybody who contributed. I think 1.1 will be a fantastic
> > > release. :-) Please test and search for showtoppers.
> > > I plan to release 1.1 final next week if we find no major problems.
> > >
> > > One more thing. We should collect all the new (and old) features in the
> > > Wiki so that we can write a nice announcement for the 1.1. release next
> > > week. Could someone create a wiki page and collect the input?
> > >
> > > We also need someone to write the announcement. I?m not the best
> > > english writer. Does somebody volunteer? :-)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Frank
> > >

> > > --
> > > Frank Karlitschek
> > > karlitschek at kde.org

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

Robin Appelman
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:46, Fran?ois K. <daitheflu at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've also notice something wrong with my ownCloud setup.
> I don't really know if it's revelant or not, and I didn't have the time to check everything for now, but, when I upload a file, and then refresh the page, the 'Files' space doesn't show up. Firefox's error console shows the following :
>
> Error: invalid regular expression flag u
> Source File: http://www.kubler.org/owncloud/js/lib_files.js
> Line: 45, Column: 132
> Source Code:
>
> As I said, the cause might be my setup (I don't host the server myself, so there might be restrictions).
>
> I still hope it can help :)

Re: ownCloud 1.1 RC1 releases

François K.
Le vendredi 5 novembre 2010 18:25:42, vous avez ?crit :

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 13:46, Fran?ois K. <daitheflu at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've also notice something wrong with my ownCloud setup.
> > I don't really know if it's revelant or not, and I didn't have the time
> > to check everything for now, but, when I upload a file, and then refresh
> > the page, the 'Files' space doesn't show up. Firefox's error console
> > shows the following :
> >
> > Error: invalid regular expression flag u
> > Source File: http://www.kubler.org/owncloud/js/lib_files.js
> > Line: 45, Column: 132
> > Source Code:
> > <b>Warning</b>:  file_exists() [<a
> > href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir
> > restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin) is not within the allowed path(s):
> > (/home/users4/k/kubler/:/home/temporaire/upload:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/
> > ) in <b>/home/users4/k/kubler/www/owncloud/inc/lib_filestorage.php</b> on
> >
> > As I said, the cause might be my setup (I don't host the server myself,
> > so there might be restrictions).
> >
> > I still hope it can help :)
>
> From what I can see is it caused by the fallback method for mimetype
> detection that relies on the file command, which it first checks if it
> can execute that command, your host however provides restrictions on
> the way that is checked.
>
> It might be an idea to catch the error and switch to the last fallback
> (a hardcoded list of extentions and mimetypes) in those cases.
>
>  - Robin Appelman

Hey,

@Robin : thank you for the information.

I took a closer look at it, and you were right, I have an open_basedir
restriction on my host.
So, I wrote a small patch to correct this, and successfully tested it with my
host. You'll find it attached to this mail. I added and removed a few lines in
the canExecute() method.

And now, time to go to sleep :)

--
Fran?ois
> I took a closer look at it, and you were right, I have an open_basedir
> restriction on my host.
> So, I wrote a small patch to correct this, and successfully tested it with my
> host. You'll find it attached to this mail. I added and removed a few lines in
> the canExecute() method.
>
> And now, time to go to sleep :)
>
> --
> Fran?ois

I can't test out the patch now, but it looks like it should work fine.
You can commit the patch in a personal clone in gitorious.

 - Robin Appelman