ownCloud 1.3.0 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

today, we released ownCloud 1.3.0. Highlights of this release:

* Upload/Download of big files is now supported
* Upload/Download of files can be resumed
* No more conflict files when a file is locked
* No more conflict files when a time stamps differ but content is identical
* Legitimate conflict files are only created on the client
* Proxy support has been significantly improved
* SOCKS5 support has been added
* Logging options have been improved

For a detailed ChangeLog, see http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/releases.

The new release can be obtained at http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/.

Cheers,
  Daniel (for the client team)

PS: The Linux packages are still building and should be ready in a bit

ownCloud _Client_ 1.3.0 released

Daniel Molkentin
I was a bit too quick typing this. Neither have we switched version schemes, nor have I replaced Frank. :-)

This is about the Desktop Client 1.3.0 release.

Sorry,
 Daniel

On 06/25/2013 11:39 AM, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
Hi,

today, we released ownCloud 1.3.0. Highlights of this release:

* Upload/Download of big files is now supported
* Upload/Download of files can be resumed
* No more conflict files when a file is locked
* No more conflict files when a time stamps differ but content is identical
* Legitimate conflict files are only created on the client
* Proxy support has been significantly improved
* SOCKS5 support has been added
* Logging options have been improved

For a detailed ChangeLog, see http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/releases.

The new release can be obtained at http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/.

Cheers,
  Daniel (for the client team)

PS: The Linux packages are still building and should be ready in a bit

Re: ownCloud _Client_ 1.3.0 released

Norman Rieß
Am 25.06.2013 11:43, schrieb Daniel Molkentin:

> I was a bit too quick typing this. Neither have we switched version
> schemes, nor have I replaced Frank. :-)
>
> This is about the Desktop Client 1.3.0 release.
>
> Sorry,
>  Daniel
>
> On 06/25/2013 11:39 AM, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today, we released ownCloud 1.3.0. Highlights of this release:
>>
>> * Upload/Download of big files is now supported
>> * Upload/Download of files can be resumed
>> * No more conflict files when a file is locked
>> * No more conflict files when a time stamps differ but content is
>> identical
>> * Legitimate conflict files are only created on the client
>> * Proxy support has been significantly improved
>> * SOCKS5 support has been added
>> * Logging options have been improved
>>
>> For a detailed ChangeLog, see http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/releases.
>>
>> The new release can be obtained at http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Daniel (for the client team)
>>
>> PS: The Linux packages are still building and should be ready in a bit
>> --
>> www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>>
>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
>> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)
>

> --
> www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>
> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

Hello,

Gentoo ebuilds are available now.

Regards,
Norman

Re: ownCloud _Client_ 1.3.0 released

Jakob Sack-2
Am 25.06.2013 12:51, schrieb Norman Rieß:

> Am 25.06.2013 11:43, schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
>> I was a bit too quick typing this. Neither have we switched version
>> schemes, nor have I replaced Frank. :-)
>>
>> This is about the Desktop Client 1.3.0 release.
>>
>> Sorry,
>>  Daniel
>>
>> On 06/25/2013 11:39 AM, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> today, we released ownCloud 1.3.0. Highlights of this release:
>>>
>>> * Upload/Download of big files is now supported
>>> * Upload/Download of files can be resumed
>>> * No more conflict files when a file is locked
>>> * No more conflict files when a time stamps differ but content is
>>> identical
>>> * Legitimate conflict files are only created on the client
>>> * Proxy support has been significantly improved
>>> * SOCKS5 support has been added
>>> * Logging options have been improved
>>>
>>> For a detailed ChangeLog, see
>>> http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/releases.
>>>
>>> The new release can be obtained at
>>> http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>   Daniel (for the client team)
>>>
>>> PS: The Linux packages are still building and should be ready in a
>>> bit
>>> --
>>> www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>>>
>>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
>>> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)
>>

>> --
>> www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>>
>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
>> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)
>>

> Hello,
>

> Gentoo ebuilds are available now.
>

> Regards,
> Norman

Thank you, Daniel and Norman :-)

Best, Jakob

Re: ownCloud _Client_ 1.3.0 released

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-4
So, anyone who can help me on how to compile/install the client for
Ubuntu on ARM?

You would indirectly help the client design get better, because I
could use it again. ;)

Re: ownCloud _Client_ 1.3.0 released

dada
Le 25/06/2013 11:43, Daniel Molkentin a écrit :
[...]

Thx for the update. It fixes my troubles. I couldn't sync my main directory since many months.

Nice jobs !

ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Daniel Molkentin

today we released ownCloud Client 1.4.0, along with csync 0.90.0. This release comes with significantly improved UI, which allows for better feedback and more settings. It also features several bug fixes.
Thank to everyone who has contributed to the release or helped testing this release. For details, check out https://daniel.molkentin.net/2013/08/08/owncloud-client-1-4-a-visual-guide/, or the revised manual at
http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.4/.

Note: This version drops support for the Debian 6.0, RHEL/CentOS 6 and SLES 11 SP 2 (Client only).

You can get the release from http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/. The change log is provided below for convenience.

Upgrade is recommended.

Cheers,

Daniel & Klaas for the Client team.

ownCloud Client, version 1.4.0, ocsync 0.90.0 required

  * New Scheduler: Only sync when there are actual changes in the server
  * Add a Settings Dialog, move Proxy Settings there
  * Transform folder Status Dialog into Account Settings, provide feedback via context menu
  * Add Bandwidth Control
  * Add a visual storage/quota indicator (context menu and account settings)
  * Add progress indication (context menu and account settings)
  * Introduce a sync history, persisting results across syncs
  * Move ability to switch to mono icons from a switch to a Settings option
  * Add "Launch on System Startup" GUI option
  * Add "Show Desktop Nofications"GUI option (enabled by default)
    top optionally disable sync notifications
  * Add Help item, pointing to online reference
  * Implement graphical selection of remote folders in FolderWizard
  * Allow custom ignore patterns
  * Add an editor for ingore patterns
  * ALlow to flag certain ignore patterns as discardable
  * Ensure to ship with all valid translations
  * Progress Dialog now preserves the last syncned items across sync runs
  * Split Setup Wizard into multiple pages again
  * Implement "--logfile -" to log to stdout
  * Add preliminary support for Shibboleth authentication
  * Linux: Provide more icon sizes
  * Linux: Do not trigger notifier on ignored files
  * Windows: Reduce priority of CSync thread
  * Documentation: Prem. updates to reflect UI changes
  * Significant code refactorings
  * Require Qt 4.7
  * Known issue: Under certain conditions, a file will only get uploaded after up to five minutes

csync version 0.90.0

  * Added API to get progress information from csync.
  * Added c_rename function to csync std.
  * Fix: Do renames of files before any puts.
  * Improved database integrity checks.
  * Improvements of database writing efficiendy.
  * Fix: stat file on win32 even if its opened by application.
  * httpbf: configurable block size and threshold.
  * Many fixes found by a Coverity check.
  * Fix: use correct stat struct on all platforms
  * Fix: download resuming.
  * ownCloud module: Bandwith limitation added.
  * Added ability to remove ignored files automatically.
  * Fix: Use int64_t and friends
  * Fix: Removed all compile warnings.
  * Left excluded files and links in csync's tree to be able to show.
    them to the user.
  * Add OC-Total-Length header for better quota handling.
  * Report inbetween progress

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

kwillems
Congrats and thank you so much !

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Lukas Fiala
Great work,
I'm going to test ;)
Lukas

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Justin Vallon
I noticed that the Mac OS X client (1.3.0) appears to monitor the filesystem (touch a file, change is synced immediately).  However, http://owncloud.org/support/sync-clients says:
Poll time for the remote repository:

remotePollInterval – Integer value (milliseconds), default 30000

For systems which have notify for local file system changes (Linux only currently) this is the frequency it polls for remote changes. The following two values are ignored.

Poll time for local repository and exeed factor:

localPollInterval – Integer value (milliseconds), default: 10000

For systems which poll the local file system (currently Win and Mac) this is the frequency they poll locally. The remotePollInterval is ignored on these systems.
Which implies that Mac is polling, not monitoring.  Is the web-page wrong (out-of-date)?

On 9/4/13 7:51 AM, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
Hi,

today we released ownCloud Client 1.4.0, along with csync 0.90.0. This release comes with significantly improved UI, which allows for better feedback and more settings. It also features several bug fixes.
Thank to everyone who has contributed to the release or helped testing this release. For details, check out https://daniel.molkentin.net/2013/08/08/owncloud-client-1-4-a-visual-guide/, or the revised manual at
http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.4/.

--
-Justin

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Mattias Giese
Heya

On 09/04/2013 01:51 PM, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today we released ownCloud Client 1.4.0, along with csync 0.90.0. This release comes with significantly improved UI, which allows for better feedback and more settings. It also features several bug fixes.
> Thank to everyone who has contributed to the release or helped testing this release. For details, check out https://daniel.molkentin.net/2013/08/08/owncloud-client-1-4-a-visual-guide/, or the revised manual at
> http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.4/.

Looks really promising and works as it should (on Archlinux current).

Kudos to the Client Dev team!

--
Mattias Giese
Linux Consultant & Trainer

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi Justin,

The clients  always poll the server, since the server does not provide a notification interface (yet). But it will only poll the root directory to ensure nothing changed (by checking the ETag value). So that's actually a very cheap operation ( a single HTTP request).

Locally, it monitors the file system for changes using the operating system's notification system. Due to limitiations in some of them, it will still do a sweep every 5 minutes (as opposed to every 30 seconds in 1.3). We are trying to further optimize this in forthcoming releases.

Daniel

Am 04.09.2013 um 19:08 schrieb Justin Vallon:

[...]

Randolph Carter
One small thing:
On Ubuntu (13.04), a dist-upgrade seems to be necessary, since libocsync
(libocsync-dev libocsync-plugin-owncloud libocsync0)
are kept back.
Since the owncloud-client itself is not kept back, this has the ugly
side-effect that after a simple upgrade the client will crash showing
this message in the console:
owncloud: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libowncloudsync.so.0: undefined
symbol: csync_clear_exclude_list

I guess there is no chance to either also hold back owncloud-client
somehow, or to install everything with a simple upgrade?
In any case, it's no biggie and can be fixed easily ;).

The new client looks very good, thanks for all the hard work!

Regards,
Randolph

On 2013-09-04 15:44, Lukáš Fiala wrote:
> Great work,
> I'm going to test ;)
> Lukas

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Daniel Molkentin
Ho Randolph,

Thanks for the analysis. This seems to be caused by changes in the debian packaging (ocsync plugins such as rsync are now seemingly required). This makes apt put the new ocsync on hold (requires said dist-upgrade to enforce it). Yet, it will happily install owncloud-client although its dependencies clearly state that it _requires_ ocsync 0.90.0. I'll revisit this tomorrow.

Cheers,
 Daniel

On 2013-09-04 15:44, Lukáš Fiala wrote:
Great work,
I'm going to test ;)
Lukas

www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Klaas Freitag-3
On 04.09.2013 23:35, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Ho Randolph,
>
> Thanks for the analysis. This seems to be caused by changes in the debian packaging (ocsync plugins such as rsync are now seemingly required). This makes apt put the new ocsync on hold (requires said dist-upgrade to enforce it). Yet, it will happily install owncloud-client although its dependencies clearly state that it _requires_ ocsync 0.90.0. I'll revisit this tomorrow.
I fixed the dependency version settings in the build service, sorry for
the confusion.

Yet it will take some time until the packages are built ready.

Best,

Klaas

> Am 04.09.2013 um 21:26 schrieb Randolph Carter:
>
>> One small thing:
>> On Ubuntu (13.04), a dist-upgrade seems to be necessary, since libocsync
>> (libocsync-dev libocsync-plugin-owncloud libocsync0)
>> are kept back.
>> Since the owncloud-client itself is not kept back, this has the ugly
>> side-effect that after a simple upgrade the client will crash showing
>> this message in the console:
>> owncloud: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libowncloudsync.so.0: undefined
>> symbol: csync_clear_exclude_list
>>
>> I guess there is no chance to either also hold back owncloud-client
>> somehow, or to install everything with a simple upgrade?
>> In any case, it's no biggie and can be fixed easily ;).
>>
>> The new client looks very good, thanks for all the hard work!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Randolph
>>
>> On 2013-09-04 15:44, Lukáš Fiala wrote:
>>> Great work,
>>> I'm going to test ;)
>>> Lukas

> www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>
> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Christopher Kunz
Am 04.09.13 13:51, schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
> Hi,
>
> today we released ownCloud Client 1.4.0, along with csync 0.90.0. This release comes with significantly improved UI, which allows for better feedback and more settings. It also features several bug fixes.
> Thank to everyone who has contributed to the release or helped testing this release. For details, check out https://daniel.molkentin.net/2013/08/08/owncloud-client-1-4-a-visual-guide/, or the revised manual at
> http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.4/.

Really nice improvements and seems to work very reliably (MacOSX).  :)

Keep up the good work!

--ck

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Marcus Longardt

I had trouble with the new owncloud client (1.4.0) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

I tried to install by using the command apt-get update and then apt-get install owncloud-client

For me work only:
To download all *.deb files from the repository:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... 2.04/i386/

After that I install the *.deb - start with the lib*.deb, second to last the ocsync_0.90.0-1_i386.deb and the last one the owncloud-client_1.4.0-1_i386.deb
After that I can start the owncloud client in the GUI.

BR Marcus

Re: ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released

Timo Brandt
Hey guys,

i just want to tell you, that i love the new version of the owncloud-client!

great work!!!! :)

greetings from cold germany,

timo

----------------------