ownCloud 1.5.3rc1

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

we're happy to announce the first release candidate of ownCloud Client 1.5.3. This is a pure bug fixing release and has the following changes over 1.5.2:

- Fix usage of proxies after first sync run (#1502, #1524, #1459, #1521)
- Do not wipe the credentials from config for reconnect (#1499, #1503)
- Do not erase the full account config if an old version of the client stored the password (related to above)
- Fix layout of the network tab (fixes #1491)
- Handle authentication requests by a Shibboleth IdP
- Shibboleth: If no connection is available, don't open the login window
- [Packaging] Debian/Ubuntu: ship sync-exclude.lst
- [Packaging] Fix issues with access to gnome keychain in Fedora and RHEL6
- [Packaging] Ensure all sub packages get updated
- [Packaging] Fix incorrect path in desktop file (RHEL6/CentOS6)

Current users of 1.5.2 and 1.5.1 that are facing connectivity issues with the client are recommended to verify that this RC fixes their issues.

The RC can be downloaded from http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing

Cheers,
 Daniel (for the ownCloud Client team)

--
www.owncloud.com - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: [owncloud-user] ownCloud 1.5.3rc1

Emre Erenoglu
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Daniel Molkentin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

we're happy to announce the first release candidate of ownCloud Client 1.5.3. This is a pure bug fixing release and has the following changes over 1.5.2:

Current users of 1.5.2 and 1.5.1 that are facing connectivity issues with the client are recommended to verify that this RC fixes their issues.

The RC can be downloaded from http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing

On Ubuntu 13.10, when I manually download the binary, I can't install it due to dependency problems.
Then I found out I also had to find the repository address manually by digging into the URL of the owncloud-client-1.5.3rc1 download address:

then, manually download the dependencies from the related directory or root directotyr,
then also download from "all" directory the last remaining dependency -l10n
then finally i was able to install the client.

Emre