ownCloud 2.0.0 rc1 released, includes multi account support

ownCloud 2.0.0 rc1 released, includes multi account support

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

we have just released the first (and hopefully final) release candidate for ownCloud 2.0.0.

Downloads for Windows, Mac OS X and multiple Linux distributions can be found at https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development. For those of you who want to give 2.0 a try, but do not wish to replace their stable ownCloud client with a pre-release version, we offer a special "Testpilot" version which you can use next to your production instance, and will not interfere with the syncing of your production ownCloud client.

Compared to beta1, these are the most significant changes:

  * UX improvements (for the multi account UI)
  * Introduce [...] button in account view
  * Accessibility improvements (high contrast schemes)
  * Don't show redundant directory entries in activity log
  * Improve SSL button reliability (work around Qt bug)
  * Remove deleted accounts properly from toolbar
  * File manager integration: Show hidden files as ignored
  * Ignoring hidden files: Fix glitches when migrating from 1.8
  * Show wizard when last account was deleted

More highlights are listed in the ChangeLog below:

  * Add support for multiple accounts (#3084)
  * Do not sync down new big folders from server without users consent (#3148)
  * Integrate Selective Sync into the default UI
  * OS X: Support native finder integration for 10.10 Yosemite (#2340)
  * Fix situation where client would not reconnect after timeout (#2321)
  * Use SI units for the file sizes
  * Improve progress reporting during sync (better estimations, show all files, show all bandwidth)
  * Windows: Support paths >255 characters (#57) by using Windows API instead of POSIX API
  * Windows, OS X: Allow to not sync hidden files (#2086)
  * OS X: Show file name in UI if file has invalid UTF-8 in file name
  * Sharing: Make use of Capability API (#3439)
  * Sharing: Do not allow sharing the root folder (#3495)
  * Sharing: Show thumbnail
  * Client Updater: Check for updates periodically, not only once per run (#3044)
  * Windows: Remove misleading option to remove sync data (#3461)
  * Windows: Do not provoke AD account locking if password changes (#2186)
  * Windows: Fix installer when installing unprivileged (#2616, #2568)
  * Quota: Only refresh from server when UI is shown
  * SSL Button: Show more information
  * owncloudcmd: Fix --httpproxy (#3465)
  * System proxy: Ask user for credentials if needed
  * Several fixes and performance improvements in the sync engine
  * Network: Try to use SSL session tickets/identifiers. Check the SSL button to see if they are used.
  * Bandwidth Throttling: Provide automatic limit setting for downloads (#3084)

Cheers,
  Daniel

(for the ownCloud Desktop client team)

Re: [owncloud-devel] ownCloud 2.0.0 rc1 released, includes multi account support

Jos Poortvliet
On Tuesday 18 August 2015 18:11:35 Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have just released the first (and hopefully final) release candidate
> for ownCloud 2.0.0.

RC2 is out - some final testing is of course welcome!

--
Disclaimer:
find me on blog.jospoortvliet.com