ownCloud 2.1.1 RC1 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

today, we released the first release candidate of ownCloud Client  2.1.1
which
is available on https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development
(both normal version and testpilot version).

Compared to 2.1.0, we closed 87 issues en-route to this release
candidate
(https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.1.1-current+is%3Aclosed)
Please give RC1 a good test. If you are afraid of spoiling your
production environment, you can use the testpilot client for that
purpose. It will leave your ownCloud Client data untouched.

There is a ChangeLog available on
https://github.com/owncloud/client/blob/2.1.1-rc1/ChangeLog

As usual let me thank everybody in the community who helped making that
happen by very appreciated contributions

Have fun with the new release and report bugs back in Github.
We're expecting the final release beginning of February.

Cheers,
  Daniel (for the Desktop Team)

Re: ownCloud 2.1.1 RC1 released

Jason Crowe
This is less of an 'issue' and more of a minor annoyance, but I did notice it so I thought I would point it out...

Within the 2.1.1.580rc1 Windows version of the ownCloud client software, upon doing uploads/downloads at once with files with long file structure/name, the GUI doesn't have enough room to show the download and upload speeds...

The GUI is resizable, however, the data usage meter/bar takes up the same % of the space even during a resizing...

There would be multiple suggestions of various ways to fix this I would think... but both of them involve making different use of the space with respect to the data usage meter/bar.

I would say that just the ability to resize each 'section' independantly would be more than adequate, or even putting the download/upload speeds in a separate location entirely? Which way doesn't matter much to me, I am just the type that likes to see everything the program can show. I've attached a screenshot with a visual of what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Inline image 1

        Jason Crowe
              775.442.2234
       Owner, Technician, Systems Admin
.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Daniel Molkentin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jason,

Please file this as an issue at https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues so it doesn't get lost. Include your suggestion. Not all developers are on this list, but they do look at GH.

Cheers,
  Daniel