ownCloud 5.0.9

Frank Karlitschek-4
Hi everybody,

we are happy to announce and release ownCloud 5.0.9 today.

It contains a lot of important bug fixes and improvements for the ownCloud 5.0 line.  Update is recommended.
It also contains the new encryption system which is now ready for production.

Changelog:
http://owncloud.org/changelog/

Download:
http://owncloud.org/support/install/

This is the work of the awesome ownCloud community.
Thanks to everybody who contributed.

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

RedLM - Luis Miguel Muñoz
        Thanks a lot for your effort with Owncloud.

        I downloaded and installed ownCloud 5.0.9 in windows 2012 server,
xampp 1.7.4 and Php 5.3.5 and it works fine... excluding encryption. As soon
as I activate encryption I cannot login again. I tested with a fresh
installation and NO files at all.

        Any idea of how to solve this issue? For us is really important.

        Thanks a lot.

Luis-Miguel Muñoz Benito   [hidden email]   +34 911 124 203
Madrid (España)                                      Reino Unido (UK)
           www.redlm.com            [hidden email]

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Chris-3

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

hippykilla
Why does the Ubuntu install on opensuse install Owncloud version 3   ???
It's installed and also it say's "OwnCloud is upto date".   Have I fall into
a time machine or am I missing something?

db

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Frank Karlitschek-3
It seems that Ubuntu still packaged this ancient version. :-(
We should convince them to update it or remove it.

Frank

On 20.07.2013, at 00:16, Derek Broes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why does the Ubuntu install on opensuse install Owncloud version 3   ???
> It's installed and also it say's "OwnCloud is upto date".   Have I fall into
> a time machine or am I missing something?
>

> db

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Chris-3

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

hippykilla
Tell that to the machine running OC 3 from Umbuntu's package.

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Chris-3

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

hippykilla
This was a clean install of Umbuntu 13.4 and a clean install of Owncloud
using the exact commands as copied and pasted below.

For xUbuntu 13.04 run the following as root:

echo 'deb
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/xUbuntu_13.
04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list
apt-get update
apt-get install ownCloud

I highly doubt a new install of Umbuntu 13.4  has a pre-defined
configuration for ownCloud. Regardless, if this is a clean install of
umbuntu 13.4 and it is somehow configured this way, that should be fixed or
noted on the site.

I just tried it myself with a clean install of Umbuntu 12.10 in a Virtual
Machine running on windows 2012 datacenter and it also installed version 3
from the commands posted on opensuse.

I wouldn't even know where to locate the install for version 3 of OC.

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz)
On Saturday 20 July 2013 10:52:52 Derek Broes wrote:

> This was a clean install of Umbuntu 13.4 and a clean install of Owncloud
> using the exact commands as copied and pasted below.
>
> For xUbuntu 13.04 run the following as root:
>
> echo 'deb
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/xUbuntu_13.
> 04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list
> apt-get update
> apt-get install ownCloud
>
> I highly doubt a new install of Umbuntu 13.4  has a pre-defined
> configuration for ownCloud. Regardless, if this is a clean install of
> umbuntu 13.4 and it is somehow configured this way, that should be fixed or
> noted on the site.
>
> I just tried it myself with a clean install of Umbuntu 12.10 in a Virtual
> Machine running on windows 2012 datacenter and it also installed version 3
> from the commands posted on opensuse.
>
> I wouldn't even know where to locate the install for version 3 of OC.

Are you sure you run 13.04 and not 12.04? Because on my 13.04 only 5.0.4 is
offered from Ubuntu packages.

$ apt-cache policy owncloud
owncloud:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 5.0.4debian-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
     5.0.4debian-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring/universe amd64
Packages

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        13.04
Codename:       raring

Cheers
Arthur

The trial I just did on a VM was Umbuntu 12.  The one I originally
referenced was a 13.4 install on a colleagues servers.   I'm not trying be a
pain.  My point is that regardless of which package gets installed on any of
the version of umbuntu.  If the ownCloud website says "click here to install
OC 5.9" and directs you to a repo for multiple dist's none of them should be
installing anything other than what is stated or it should be noted below
the install.   It can cause someone a ton of extra working to to locate what
"THEY" might have done wrong or if something else is wrong with their setup.
Question is this..."Why would any of those packages install Owncloud 3?'

On Saturday 20 July 2013 10:52:52 Derek Broes wrote:
> This was a clean install of Umbuntu 13.4 and a clean install of
> Owncloud using the exact commands as copied and pasted below.
>
> For xUbuntu 13.04 run the following as root:
>
> echo 'deb

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/xUbuntu_13.

> 04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list
> apt-get update
> apt-get install ownCloud
>
> I highly doubt a new install of Umbuntu 13.4  has a pre-defined
> configuration for ownCloud. Regardless, if this is a clean install of
> umbuntu 13.4 and it is somehow configured this way, that should be
> fixed or noted on the site.
>
> I just tried it myself with a clean install of Umbuntu 12.10 in a
> Virtual Machine running on windows 2012 datacenter and it also
> installed version 3 from the commands posted on opensuse.
>
> I wouldn't even know where to locate the install for version 3 of OC.

Are you sure you run 13.04 and not 12.04? Because on my 13.04 only 5.0.4 is
offered from Ubuntu packages.

$ apt-cache policy owncloud
owncloud:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 5.0.4debian-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
     5.0.4debian-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring/universe amd64
Packages

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        13.04
Codename:       raring

Cheers
Arthur

Markus Valtin
Am Samstag, 20. Juli 2013, 11:27:39 schrieb Derek Broes:

> The trial I just did on a VM was Umbuntu 12.  The one I originally
> referenced was a 13.4 install on a colleagues servers.   I'm not trying be a
> pain.  My point is that regardless of which package gets installed on any
> of the version of umbuntu.  If the ownCloud website says "click here to
> install OC 5.9" and directs you to a repo for multiple dist's none of them
> should be installing anything other than what is stated or it should be
> noted below the install.   It can cause someone a ton of extra working to
> to locate what "THEY" might have done wrong or if something else is wrong
> with their setup. Question is this..."Why would any of those packages
> install Owncloud 3?'

How do you verify that it is Owncloud 3?
Because if I follow the URL, I see only packages for 5.0.9......

Sincerely Markus

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Vince D. Kimball
If you actually browse the Opensuse repository at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/ you
will see that the only version of Owncloud there is 5.0.9.

> The trial I just did on a VM was Umbuntu 12.  The one I originally
> referenced was a 13.4 install on a colleagues servers.   I'm not trying be
> pain.  My point is that regardless of which package gets installed on any
> of
> the version of umbuntu.  If the ownCloud website says "click here to
> install
> OC 5.9" and directs you to a repo for multiple dist's none of them should
> be
> installing anything other than what is stated or it should be noted below
> the install.   It can cause someone a ton of extra working to to locate
> what
> "THEY" might have done wrong or if something else is wrong with their
> setup.
> Question is this..."Why would any of those packages install Owncloud 3?'

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

hippykilla
I know this.  I don't know why but if you replicate what I did you will get
version 3.
Not arguing here. Try it.

I just did it again.  Installed umbuntu 12, then ownCloud using opensuse as
it explains.  Brand New Virtual machine and new clean install of both.
Version 3 it is.  Maybe you should try it out and not just read what you
see.   I wouldn't be posting here if I could explain why it's happening.

If you actually browse the Opensuse repository at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/ you will
see that the only version of Owncloud there is 5.0.9.

> The trial I just did on a VM was Umbuntu 12.  The one I originally
> referenced was a 13.4 install on a colleagues servers.   I'm not trying be
> pain.  My point is that regardless of which package gets installed on
> any of the version of umbuntu.  If the ownCloud website says "click
> here to install OC 5.9" and directs you to a repo for multiple dist's
> none of them should be installing anything other than what is stated
> or it should be noted below
> the install.   It can cause someone a ton of extra working to to locate
> what
> "THEY" might have done wrong or if something else is wrong with their
> setup.
> Question is this..."Why would any of those packages install Owncloud 3?'

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz)
On Saturday 20 July 2013 12:34:51 Derek Broes wrote:
> I know this.  I don't know why but if you replicate what I did you will get
> version 3.
> Not arguing here. Try it.
>
> I just did it again.  Installed umbuntu 12, then ownCloud using opensuse as
> it explains.  Brand New Virtual machine and new clean install of both.
> Version 3 it is.  Maybe you should try it out and not just read what you
> see.   I wouldn't be posting here if I could explain why it's happening.

Could you please post the output of
apt-cache policy owncloud

it will list all known ownCloud versions. It may be that a version schema is
done in a way, that the Ubuntu packages is considered higher than the others.

Cheers
Arthu

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

Vince D. Kimball
I have tried it.  I get owncloud 5.0.9 by following the directions on the
Opensuse repository page on an Ubuntu 12.04 install.

> I know this.  I don't know why but if you replicate what I did you will
> get
> version 3.
> Not arguing here. Try it.
>
> I just did it again.  Installed umbuntu 12, then ownCloud using opensuse
> as
> it explains.  Brand New Virtual machine and new clean install of both.
> Version 3 it is.  Maybe you should try it out and not just read what you
> see.   I wouldn't be posting here if I could explain why it's happening.

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

hippykilla
I will post the output once I have reinstated the VM when back at that machine.

On Saturday 20 July 2013 12:34:51 Derek Broes wrote:
> I know this.  I don't know why but if you replicate what I did you
> will get version 3.
> Not arguing here. Try it.
>
> I just did it again.  Installed umbuntu 12, then ownCloud using
> opensuse as it explains.  Brand New Virtual machine and new clean install of both.
> Version 3 it is.  Maybe you should try it out and not just read what you
> see.   I wouldn't be posting here if I could explain why it's happening.

Could you please post the output of
apt-cache policy owncloud

it will list all known ownCloud versions. It may be that a version schema is done in a way, that the Ubuntu packages is considered higher than the others.

Cheers
Arthu

Re: ownCloud 5.0.9

hippykilla
Admin section says "ownCloud 3"  also say's it's the most recent.