ownCloud 7 RC 2

Frank Karlitschek-3

Hi everybody,

we are happy to announce and release ownCloud 7 RC2 today.

A lot of bugs are fixed compared with the beta and RC from last week

Features:
http://owncloud.org/seven/

Download:
http://owncloud.org/install/
http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-7.0.0RC2.tar.bz2

The updated timeline is here:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-7-Features

We also have brand new daily builds of the stable7 branches now
http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-daily-stable7.tar.bz2

We are looking for testes who are willing to give it a try and help us to iron out the last remaining issues. More information is here: https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-7-beta-is-out-help-us-test-it/

And we still have a lot of issues on the issue tracker that needs to be verified, reproduces and fixed. So everybody can help.

This is the work of the awesome ownCloud community.
Thanks to everybody who contributed!!!

ownCloud 7 RC 2

Vincent Petry
Looks like the tarball is broken / truncated:

bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
        perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
        Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

owncloud/apps/contacts/js/modernizr.js
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

The file size is only 3.3 MB instead of the usual 30+ MB.

Frank, please have a look!

Vincent

On 07/14/2014 05:59 AM, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> we are happy to announce and release ownCloud 7 RC2 today.
>
> A lot of bugs are fixed compared with the beta and RC from last week
>

> Features:
> http://owncloud.org/seven/
>
> Download:
> http://owncloud.org/install/
> http://download.owncloud.org/community/testing/owncloud-7.0.0RC2.tar.bz2
>
> The updated timeline is here:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-7-Features
>

> We also have brand new daily builds of the stable7 branches now
> http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-daily-stable7.tar.bz2
>
> We are looking for testes who are willing to give it a try and help us to iron out the last remaining issues. More information is here: https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-7-beta-is-out-help-us-test-it/
>
> And we still have a lot of issues on the issue tracker that needs to be verified, reproduces and fixed. So everybody can help.
>

> This is the work of the awesome ownCloud community.
> Thanks to everybody who contributed!!!
>

> Frank

[Announcements] ownCloud 7 RC 2

Richard Healey
Hi Frank
Thanks for the update. I really hope you mean "testers" and NOT testes.
Regards
Richard

[owncloud-devel] ownCloud 7 RC 2

Frank Karlitschek-3

the tar download is now fixed. Sorry for the trouble.

Frank