ownCloud Android app 2.1.2 released

David A. Velasco
Hi everybody.

A new version of the ownCloud Android app is now officially available: 2.1.2

It has a single target: fixing the ** instant uploads ** feature in
Android 6 devices with certain camera apps, that was broken in previous
version 2.1.1.

So, if you lost instant uploads in the previous release, this is your fix.

Please, notice that the 'Camera folder' options has been tagged as
'optional' for all Android versions except 7. If instant uploads **
never ** worked for you, give it a try, you could have a nice surprise.
But if instant uploads worked for you before version 2.1.1, just forget
it - it's safe to let the default value, even if its incorrect . We will
address UI improvements in the settings in next releases.

Full changelog:

- Instant uploads fixed in Android 6.

The app is already available for download in Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.owncloud.android

The workaround app for Jelly Bean is also updated in Google Play Store,
for those of you that still need it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.owncloud.android.workaround.accounts

The source code of this release can be found in
https://github.com/owncloud/android/releases/tag/oc-android-2.1.2.

For discussions or any help in setting up we recommend to try ownCloud
central first:
https://central.owncloud.org/c/help/android-ios-file-sync

For real confirmed bugs, work in progress, and code contributions,
please submit on https://github.com/owncloud/android

Thank you,
David A. Velasco / davivel  (for the ownCloud mobile team)