ownCloud Client 1.3.0 beta 3 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

Today we are releasing ownCloud Client 1.3.0 beta 3. Fixes and features
since beta 2 include:

Fixes:
- Don't crash when removing a sync folder definition
- Add --logdir and --logexpire switches
- Make --help work on windows
- Make sync feedback less ambiguous.
- Fix icon tray tooltip sometimes showing repeated content
- More use of native directory separators on Windows
- Default proxy port to 8080
- Warn if for some reason all files are scheduled for removal on either side
- remove journal when reusing a directory that used to have a journal before

- [CSync] Fix unreliable sync after push_file failed
- [CSync] Fix rename due to inode cast error
- [CSync] Make chunking work on nginx setups or through nginx proxies
- [CSync] Improve error reporting in csync_update
- [CSync] Clean progress database on csync_commit
- [CSync] Fix issues detected by Coverity

Features:
- Visual clean up of status dialog items

Changes since beta 2:

Fixes:
- Sync: Make uploads (PUT) work reliable again on 32 bit systems
- Wizard: When changing the URL or user name, allow the user to push his
data to the new location or wipe the folder and start from scratch
- Wizard: Make setting a custom folder as a sync target work again
- Fix application icon
- Smaller fixes
- User-Agent now contains "Mozilla/5.0" and the Platform name (for
firewall/proxy compat)
- Propagate proxy changes to csync at runtime

Features:
- Improve proxy wizard
- Display proxy errors
- Support SOCKS5 proxy (useful in combination with ssh -D)

Known issues:
- Starting from scratch in the wizard may fail on Windows, since
renaming the folder may fail.
- Setup Wizard does not properly resize on Windows

Changes in beta 1 since 1.2.5:

- Big file chunking (e.g. up/download of big files should now be no
problem anymore)
- Resuming (download of big files will resume)
- Server side directory moves will be detected
- No more false conflicts, ever
- Legitimate conflict files only on client side
- New setup wizard, defaulting to root syncing (only for new setups)
- Solved problems with lock files
- Bug fixes
- Improved thread stop/termination

Packages for Windows, Mac OS and Linux are available from
http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing .

Please help us to verify the remaining bugs, some of them should already
be fixed:
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues?milestone=3&state=open.

We've come a long way with this release. It is a really big improvement
over previous versions.
Thanks to all contributors for your help!

Cheers,
   Klaas  & Daniel

Re: ownCloud Client 1.3.0 beta 3 released

hippykilla
Notice! Installed this on a windows 7 machine running office 2013 and if has
a nasty conflict with outlook and word. Machine locked up and task manager
was not an option as it would not respond to anything at that point.   After
a hard restart all is working fine and since my documents were already saved
nothing lost.  I do not suggest running this beta on any machine that you
are doing other work on that meets the same config criteria of win 7 and
office 2013 or anything close.

[...]

ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443
Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: ownCloud Client 1.3.0 beta 3 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi Derek,

I am running Windows with Office here and it works fine. Are you using
some special setup? Roaming, offline folders? Do you have your outlook
pst file inside the ownCloud hierachy?

Daniel

On 06/12/2013 10:51 PM, Derek Broes wrote:

> Notice! Installed this on a windows 7 machine running office 2013 and if has
> a nasty conflict with outlook and word. Machine locked up and task manager
> was not an option as it would not respond to anything at that point.   After
> a hard restart all is working fine and since my documents were already saved
> nothing lost.  I do not suggest running this beta on any machine that you
> are doing other work on that meets the same config criteria of win 7 and
> office 2013 or anything close.

No, no special setup but I suspect it might have been a conflict because a
document being edited resided in the ownCloud folder. I will debug this when
I get more time.

I am running Windows with Office here and it works fine. Are you using some
special setup? Roaming, offline folders? Do you have your outlook pst file
inside the ownCloud hierachy?

Daniel

On 06/12/2013 10:51 PM, Derek Broes wrote:
> Notice! Installed this on a windows 7 machine running office 2013 and
> if has a nasty conflict with outlook and word. Machine locked up and task
manager
> was not an option as it would not respond to anything at that point.
After

> a hard restart all is working fine and since my documents were already
> saved nothing lost.  I do not suggest running this beta on any machine
> that you are doing other work on that meets the same config criteria
> of win 7 and office 2013 or anything close.

Dr.-Ing. Thomas Hildmann
Hi!

> - User-Agent now contains "Mozilla/5.0" and the Platform name (for
> firewall/proxy compat)

This change may have a drawback according our architecture at TU Berlin. Our load-balancer is configured to address two different server-groups according to the user-agent. The idea behind this is to guarantee faster feedback to users using the web-, ios- or android-interface. Latencies have no remarkable impact for sync-clients.

Greetings,
Thomas

--
Dr.-Ing. Thomas Hildmann
Abteilungsleiter

Technische Universität Berlin
tubIT - IT-Service-Center
Abteilung Infrastruktur

Sekr. EN 50, Einsteinufer 17, 10587 Berlin
Telefon: +49 (30) 314-23226
Telefax: +49 (30) 314-21060
[hidden email]

www.tubit.tu-berlin.de

On 06/19/2013 07:07 PM, Dr.-Ing. Thomas Hildmann wrote:
> This change may have a drawback according our architecture at TU Berlin. Our load-balancer is configured to address two different server-groups according to the user-agent. The idea behind this is to guarantee faster feedback to users using the web-, ios- or android-interface. Latencies have no remarkable impact for sync-clients.

Actually it doesn't, since the original user agent strings are now a
subset of original string (with a few minor adjustments). You should
still be able to simply grep for "mirall" and "ocsync" in the load
balancers. Actually when I made this change I had the TU setup in mind :-)

Daniel