ownCloud Client 1.6.0 beta2 released

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ownCloud Client 1.6.0 beta2 released

Klaas Freitag-3
Hi,

as you might have realized, we are currently in the beta phase for the
next ownCloud Client 1.6.0. Today we released beta2.

As Daniel greatly described in
https://daniel.molkentin.net/2014/04/09/owncloud-client-1-6-the-tour/ ,
1.6.0 is a big feature release that will improve the client
significantly mainly in terms of performance but also in other areas.

During the 1.6.0 beta phase we kindly ask you to help us testing.

Please test the beta builds available through
http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing with a test user on your
ownCloud installation. Do not use it with your production data yet as it
is beta software.

Your testing is very important because only with that we can keep up
with good quality of the software and further improve it.

Please report bugs to http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues after
having carefully checked that it wasn't reported before. Please add the
tag [1.6.0 b2] tag to new bugs subject line.

This is the (draft) changelog delta to beta1:

 * Minor GUI improvements
 * Qt5 compile issues fixed
 * Ignore sync log file in filewatcher
 * Install libocsync to private library dir and use rpath to localize
 * Fix reconnect after server disconnect
 * Fix crashes
 * Fix "unknown action" display in Activity window
 * Fix memory leaks
 * Respect XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment var
 * Handle empty fileids in the journal correctly
 * Add abilility to compile libowncloudsync without GUI dependendy
 * Fix stat file size on Win32

Thanks everybody for your great help!

regards,

Klaas

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.6.0 beta2 released

Vincent Petry
Hi Klaas,

I'm on openSUSE 13.1 x86_64.

I tried switching to the OBS testing repo from the stable repo and
install owncloud-client 1.6.0 beta2 and am getting this message when I
run it:

owncloud: error while loading shared libraries: libocsync.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

These packages are installed:
i | libowncloudsync0            | package    | 1.6.0beta2-5.1 | x86_64 |
isv:ownCloud:community:testing
i | owncloud-client             | package    | 1.6.0beta2-5.1 | x86_64 |
isv:ownCloud:community:testing
i | owncloud-client-l10n        | package    | 1.6.0beta2-5.1 | x86_64 |
isv:ownCloud:community:testing

The missing lib is present in the package:
% rpm -ql libowncloudsync0
/usr/lib64/libowncloudsync.so.0
/usr/lib64/libowncloudsync.so.1.6.0
/usr/lib64/owncloud
/usr/lib64/owncloud/libocsync.so.0
/usr/lib64/owncloud/libocsync.so.0.2.1

% sudo /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep ocsync
does not find it

  % sudo /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep owncloud
        libowncloudsync.so.0 (libc6,x86-64) =>
/usr/lib64/libowncloudsync.so.0

Thanks,

Vincent


On 04/30/2014 12:49 PM, Klaas Freitag wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as you might have realized, we are currently in the beta phase for the
> next ownCloud Client 1.6.0. Today we released beta2.
>
> As Daniel greatly described in
> https://daniel.molkentin.net/2014/04/09/owncloud-client-1-6-the-tour/ ,
> 1.6.0 is a big feature release that will improve the client
> significantly mainly in terms of performance but also in other areas.
>
> During the 1.6.0 beta phase we kindly ask you to help us testing.
>
> Please test the beta builds available through
> http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing with a test user on your
> ownCloud installation. Do not use it with your production data yet as it
> is beta software.
>
> Your testing is very important because only with that we can keep up
> with good quality of the software and further improve it.
>
> Please report bugs to http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues after
> having carefully checked that it wasn't reported before. Please add the
> tag [1.6.0 b2] tag to new bugs subject line.
>
> This is the (draft) changelog delta to beta1:
>
>  * Minor GUI improvements
>  * Qt5 compile issues fixed
>  * Ignore sync log file in filewatcher
>  * Install libocsync to private library dir and use rpath to localize
>  * Fix reconnect after server disconnect
>  * Fix crashes
>  * Fix "unknown action" display in Activity window
>  * Fix memory leaks
>  * Respect XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment var
>  * Handle empty fileids in the journal correctly
>  * Add abilility to compile libowncloudsync without GUI dependendy
>  * Fix stat file size on Win32
>
> Thanks everybody for your great help!
>
> regards,
>
> Klaas
> _______________________________________________
> Devel mailing list
> Devel at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/devel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[owncloud-user] [owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.6.0 beta2 released

Klaas Freitag-3
On 30.04.2014 14:21, Vincent Petry wrote:

> Hi Klaas,
>
> I'm on openSUSE 13.1 x86_64.
>
> I tried switching to the OBS testing repo from the stable repo and
> install owncloud-client 1.6.0 beta2 and am getting this message when I
> run it:
>
> owncloud: error while loading shared libraries: libocsync.so.0: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yes, I apologize, I screwed something in the spec file. Please retry, it
works now.

And also the Ubuntu 14.04 packages are there.

Thanks for the note!

Klaas


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[owncloud-user] [owncloud-devel] ownCloud Client 1.6.0 beta2 released

Vincent Petry
It works now on openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, thanks for fixing!

Cheers,

Vincent

On 04/30/2014 05:33 PM, Klaas Freitag wrote:

> On 30.04.2014 14:21, Vincent Petry wrote:
>> Hi Klaas,
>>
>> I'm on openSUSE 13.1 x86_64.
>>
>> I tried switching to the OBS testing repo from the stable repo and
>> install owncloud-client 1.6.0 beta2 and am getting this message when I
>> run it:
>>
>> owncloud: error while loading shared libraries: libocsync.so.0: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Yes, I apologize, I screwed something in the spec file. Please retry, it
> works now.
>
> And also the Ubuntu 14.04 packages are there.
>
> Thanks for the note!
>
> Klaas
>
> _______________________________________________
> testpilots mailing list
> testpilots at owncloud.org
> http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/testpilots