ownCloud Client 1.6.0 rc1

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

Enroute to 1.6.0 final, and running a bit late, we're releasing 1.6.0
rc1 today.

1.6.0 is a big feature release with significant performance performance
but also in other areas. I have summarized this in a blog post written
for the beta1 release:

https://daniel.molkentin.net/2014/04/09/owncloud-client-1-6-the-tour/

RC 1 mostly contains bug and crash fixes, and has improved handling of
cookies. This is of particular interest for people who use cookie-based
load-balancers or otherwise require ownCloud to more closely mimic
browser behaviour.

Please test the builds available through
http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing with a test user on your
ownCloud installation.

Your testing is very important because only with that we can keep up
with good quality of the software and further improve it.

Please report bugs to http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues after
having carefully checked that it wasn't reported before. Please add the
tag [1.6.0 rc1] tag to new bugs subject line.

Cheers,
  Daniel

PS: This is the (draft) changelog delta to beta2:

- Fix an issue with cert issued by a CA with an expired and reissued
certificate
- Correctly reflect paused folder state after restart
- Re-sync immediatly after "Keep files" when all files were removed
- Enable core dumping if the env variable OWNCLOUD_CORE_DUMP is defined
- Fix potential GUI lockup
- CookieJar refactoring required to overcome issues in Shibboleth support
- Make Debian GNU/kFreeBSD compile
- Only increment the progressbar for files when the file has been fully
transfered
- Maintain the original inode value for renamed files.
- Fix not blacklisting error 5xx
- Fix reporting the right error in a GET
- Set a 300 sec timout for network operationd
- Add one byte per files in the computation of the progress bar
- Don't include the directory size in the overall progress
- Fix a couple of crashes

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Client 1.6.0 rc2 (was: ownCloud Client 1.6.0 rc1)

Daniel Molkentin
Due to a miscommunication rc1 was missing an important commit that could
lead to 100% CPU load issue. The new rc has been tagged as v1.6.0-rc2
and has been published at

http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/#testing

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,